Question about MOFO...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know for sure what is meant by the line, but I have always thought of it as a spirtual soul searching. Consider how it starts,
"Lookin for to save my soul"
"Lookin' in the place where no flowers grow"
"Lookin' for to fill that God shaped hole"

And later "Lookin' for the baby Jesus under the trash".

Edit to add that the Edge is in fact saying
"Been around the front, been around the back".

Last edited:
:banghead: I even double checked the order of it from the CD's lyrics.

i realized "that been around back" recently.i thought he was saying "little bit of love,little bit of love"

Wasn't there a whole thread dedicated to mishearing this line on It's A Musical Journey? I seem to remember someone posting that they thought it was "little red hen."

Here in the Wales it's a phrase associated with going to someones house and trying to get in. 'I've been around the back and been around the front' means I've tried to get in though the back and front door. I'm sure they'd say the same in Ireland.

Axver said:
I seem to remember someone posting that they thought it was "little red hen."

That I didn't came up with that one :banghead:

P.S.: btw does remind of "Little red rooster"...

Joy to all

Axver said:
Wasn't there a whole thread dedicated to mishearing this line on It's A Musical Journey? I seem to remember someone posting that they thought it was "little red hen."

I always sing A LITTLE RED DRESS, works for me.

Axver said:

That's funny, because I had this friend in high school named Rhett, and I always would hear "Little red Rhett, Little red Rhett"
I knew that wasn't what they were saying, but when I sing along with the song, I always sing that.

I thought it was "Little red dress, little red dress" when I first heard it. And no, I didn't have anything else on my mind at the time, it's just the way it sounded to me right then and there.

Yes, I too thought they were saying something to the effect of:

"Little red babe, little red babe"

Honestly, I cant hear anything else when I listen to it, it really doesnt sound like what it's supposed to sound like.

I hear something like "little wam bam".

The only time I hear it correctly is live.

I think The Edge is just trying to make a sound to go along with the song...i
wheerowheeroreh wheerowheeroreh is all i can hear with no meaning whatsoever. Sounds about the same live too.

Back
Top Bottom