question about DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimbo913

The Fly
Okay, this is only my second post here on these boards (actually, it might be my third, I can't remember... but that is kinda irrelevant anyway). I am about to ask an incredibly lame question that I am sure has been asked hundreds of times. Before I posted this, I waded through the first 10 pages of the news forum, and the first several pages in this forum. I went to do a search, but as I am not a paying member (yet), I was unable to do one. Anyway here goes:

I am a long time U2 fan. I bought JT back in 87 on casette after hearing my cousins LP copy. I have listened to JT hundreds of times in my life and have slowly added all their albums to my collection over the years. I admit that my interest in U2 waned after AB was released. However, recently I have re-discovered U2. I have finished buying all their albums and DVDs. Yet I knew there were several releases only on VHS. I have added all the ones I could find, a few I have skipped. Anyway... does anyone know if there are plans or rumors as to a release of the following videos?:

Popmart
Live from Sydney
Greatest Hits 1980-1990 (videos)
Under a Blood Red Sky

I have already purchased these on VHS, but to be honest, it pains me to watch them in grainy, low resolution. I can't help but shake the feeling my 10 year old VCR is going to eat one for lunch each time I put one in.

If this is the wrong place to ask, or there is a pre-existing thread, just call me an idiot, lock the thread and direct me to the appropriate area. (emphasis on the last part)

thanks

that sound promising. I really wish they would get these gems out there on DVD. I am not sure UABRS will ever make it, given the pretty crappy quality of the source (all those lines on the screen from the lights burning onto the camera). Of course, I just gotta have it, and I hope they will. I also hope they use the version with The Cry/Electic Co. I bought three copies of it before I finally found it.

Anyway, if anyone knows more, I would love to hear it :)

Popmart is the only one that may never make it to DVD (which is a shame IMO). There is a Japanese laser disc of it though.

Zoo in Sydney is suppose to be released eventually. No word on when though. But Zoo is one of U2's crowning and most famous tours, it will make it someday. Red Rocks has been talked about being released by some independent companies that actually have the footage. No word on if it will actually happen though. It was a news article on Inteference a few months ago. I think the plan would be to release the whole show, not just what was on the VHS release of it.

thanks again for the information. That is very promising. It just wouldn't make any sense not to release them. Why is it that Popmart might not be released?

Would someone be so kind as to provide a link to the Interference article about UABRS DVD? I have been looking for hours for it and haven't been able to locate it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

don't know why I didn't just google it earlier. Hours later the idea comes to me.

forum.interference.com/t88032.html (I couldn't post a link, due to my newbie status, but I hope this is okay as it is just a link to another thread on the interference boards). I just left of the http forward slash forward slash.

is that the article? Finally, I can go to sleep :huh:

Last edited:
thanks, I did sleep well.

btw, since I am a newbie, is this the best place to place questions like this? I had a hard time deciding where it should go.

Yes, this is the best place for general questions and stories about U2. Should the moderators think that this post better belongs somewhere else, then they'll move it. Don't see that then as a bad sign, it's just their opinion that it will get more/better responses in another forum.
Look around a bit and see what kind of discussions go on in each forum. And keep in mind that everyone can (and many will) sometime post a thread in a wrong forum. It's no big deal.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom