Question about Boston DVD Director's "View"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that what that was???? I thought they were fans that got in the back and started drinking all U2's booze and then started playing around with the audio/video equipment!

[This message has been edited by Drowning Party Girl (edited 04-01-2002).]

Forgive me if this has been discussed before...So right now I'm watching the Boston show on DVD through the director camera, or whatever that option is called.
The lady sitting down right next to the director, what does she do? For the beginning of each song, she counts the beats, names the measures, mentions when Edge has a vocal, mentions when the bridge is coming. Is it so the camera operators know what is happening next? That was my conclusion....What do you think?
Anyways, I want her job.
Also, why is half the screen snowy and the other half is clear????

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

I believe the woman is the Assistant Director, calling the camera cues to the Technical Director (seated beside her). He's the one actually pushing the buttons to make a camera "live".

The left half of the screen is "snowy" because they've "brightened" that part of the shot so you can see the people (it's really dark in that truck). If they had brightened the entire shot, the TV monitors on the right half would have been bright white and you couldn't have seen what was on them.

Originally posted by hibricc:
I believe the woman is the Assistant Director, calling the camera cues to the Technical Director (seated beside her). He's the one actually pushing the buttons to make a camera "live".

The left half of the screen is "snowy" because they've "brightened" that part of the shot so you can see the people (it's really dark in that truck). If they had brightened the entire shot, the TV monitors on the right half would have been bright white and you couldn't have seen what was on them.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom