question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2002, 11:44 PM   #1
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,682
Local Time: 05:20 PM
question

was in a little while ever released commercially, at least to radio stations? i heard this song on the radio and i was wondering if it did get released, or they just decided to spin another track from the album.

------------------
kahnarinha "funky-san" taylor, royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat)
U2: 62%
dd: 37%

-------
proof 2001 simon is bangable:
<Rox> I bang 2001 simon every morning
<J-Tree> you think he'd get tired from being hard all the time
virtual insanity
john nude!
__________________

KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 01-06-2002, 03:15 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,232
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
was in a little while ever released commercially, at least to radio stations? i heard this song on the radio and i was wondering if it did get released, or they just decided to spin another track from the album.

Probably the latter. I don't think there was any commercial release. Perhaps to radio stations, but that would beg the question of 'why no single?'.

------------------
"It wouldn't be a cry from the heart
or a high, hurtin' wail
we could look down and laugh now
I'd be all together
I'd be totally removed..."
__________________

Kieran McConville is offline  
Old 01-06-2002, 03:45 AM   #3
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,682
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
but that would beg the question of 'why no single?'.
yeah...maybe it's a good thing...i mean a lot of U2 songs that are favourites among fans that are played on the radio were never singles...i've heard bad, bullet, etc. on the radio, and those were never singles.

which brings me to another topic: bad live is better than bad on unforgettable fire. there's something about it that's lacking in the album version that the live versions i've heard have. i can't really explain it.

------------------
kahnarinha "funky-san" taylor, royal chat nutte for both interference and U2OL, as proclaimed by sir rafaroni (the mexico city treat)
U2: 62%
dd: 37%

-------
proof 2001 simon is bangable:
<Rox> I bang 2001 simon every morning
<J-Tree> you think he'd get tired from being hard all the time
virtual insanity
john nude!
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 01-06-2002, 04:21 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,232
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
yeah...maybe it's a good thing...i mean a lot of U2 songs that are favourites among fans that are played on the radio were never singles...i've heard bad, bullet, etc. on the radio, and those were never singles.

which brings me to another topic: bad live is better than bad on unforgettable fire. there's something about it that's lacking in the album version that the live versions i've heard have. i can't really explain it.

Well with Bad, I think it's apples and oranges. The album version works on its own terms. And (I don't know if anyone else notices this), there's something about the divine way the rhythm alters around about the 'isolation, desolation ...etc' part, on the album version, that they've never really captured live. So each has its own pleasures.

Funnily enough, for most of the other U2 songs that are much-expanded live, I would agree with you. The original versions of Pride, I Will Follow, Streets, Bullet the Blue Sky and even Desire, pale next to their live counterparts. Particularly in terms of vocals.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."
Kieran McConville is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×