Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That tracklisting gave me nightmares last night. :crack:

Well, the tracklisting and the knowledge that IALW is someone's favorite U2 song of all time. :sad:

I just read that. Words cannot explain how terribly sorry I am for the guy. :hug:

And wtf. Only out in the US? When it's called Wide awake in EUROPE? :| Looks like I'm gonna have to fly to Dublin to kick a certain singer's pale Irish ass then. Pffsht!

I use to like it. This tour ruined it for me.

Same. It wasn't that special or something, but I was okay with it before the tour. Could listen to it. Right now? I'm sick and tired of it and hate it. Cannot stand the shite. It's pretty much fallen as low as Suck in a moment as it is now.

IRISH TIMES "U2 WILL have a new album out early in the new year, the band’s manager Paul McGuinness has said. McGuinness said the band has already debuted several of the songs live, including Mercy, Every Breaking Wave, and Boys Fall from the Sky . The album has been provisionally titled Songs of Ascent"

if these songs are in "soa", for "wide awake" we can have:

-stingray guitare
-glaston
-north star
-soon
-winter

I hope that they will not included ancient titles exept live from "no line" album.

Why Winter? And why Soon? Soon has already been officially released with the 360 Dvd so I don't think we're going to see that on a cd any time soon. Pun not intended.

I'm hoping for:

Stingray Guitar live(I reckon there's not much in the studio version as it's instrumental)
Glastonbury live/studio(it seems to me that it's better live)
BFFTS Studio
Mercy Studio
EBW/NS studio

and that way they can save the other for SOA.

Soon has already been officially released with the 360 Dvd so I don't think we're going to see that on a cd any time soon.
Well, this is a vinyl, silly.

:wink:

I'm hoping for:

Stingray Guitar live(I reckon there's not much in the studio version as it's instrumental)
BFFTS Studio
Mercy Studio
EBW/NS studio
I agree, though I would be fine with BFFTS live.

Well Soon is already released on Vinyl. :wink: Happy now?

We already have a good version of BFFTS live, so I would love to hear it studio version.

IALW is the best song on ATYCLB.

Certainly up there, and one of the best 00's U2 songs. :shrug: But haters gonna hate as is the case with much of the decade's output...

Wide awake in Europe ? Looks like live songs, assuming Amazon staff know what they're talking about.

However :up: on a new album in early 2011. Guess that might settle down that 2012-and-beyond talk ... But I guess U2 still lie ?

Why Winter? And why Soon? Soon has already been officially released with the 360 Dvd so I don't think we're going to see that on a cd any time soon. Pun not intended.

I'm hoping for:

BFFTS Studio
Mercy Studio
EBW/NS studio

and that way they can save the other for SOA.

Honestly, I'd be happy with good clean live versions of EBW/NS/BFFTS/Mercy.

Despite some great bootlegs out there I'd still like a clean professionally mastered version of these live songs, and even though I collect vinyl it would be nice to have a CD version of this release.

Vinyl only? That seems kind of nuts.

I'm happy to be seeing anything released, but a live EP sounds weird ... it really sounds like the kind of thing they reserve for the fan club gift.

But hey, I'll look on the bright side and say at least they're willing to try to do things different than usual.

The US only thing is pretty weird, I have to admit.

So this would be vinyl and digital release? I have no problem with that either.

Like I said I collect vinyl and have every U2 release on it, but it's really not convenient as a portable media. :wink:

I collect vinyl as well, so I'd just buy the vinyl and download the tracks as soon as someone rips them with a digital turntable. U2 get their money, I get my music in digital format. :wink:

I guess now I need to figure out where the hell I'm going to store U2 vinyl, since I'm guessing that's what I'll be buying. :grumpy:

I collect vinyl as well, so I'd just buy the vinyl and download the tracks as soon as someone rips them with a digital turntable. U2 get their money, I get my music in digital format. :wink:

Depending on what this turns out to be I might have to finally invest in a digital turnable. Mine is rather old school.

I guess now I need to figure out where the hell I'm going to store U2 vinyl, since I'm guessing that's what I'll be buying. :grumpy:

On the walls. :shifty:

Depending on what this turns out to be I might have to finally invest in a digital turnable. Mine is rather old school.

:uhoh: At least you have one... I have all the vinyls save for Zooropa, ATYCLB and Hutdab to hang on my wall, though I haven't gotten around doing that yet, but I cannot play them. Ultimate fail. My dad said I could use his old turntable but that one's MIA.

I store my more valuable LP's in cases like these.

3STROLPSIL.jpg

It's almost bullet proof. :lol:

Certainly up there, and one of the best 00's U2 songs. :shrug: But haters gonna hate as is the case with much of the decade's output...

Wide awake in Europe ? Looks like live songs, assuming Amazon staff know what they're talking about.

However :up: on a new album in early 2011. Guess that might settle down that 2012-and-beyond talk ... But I guess U2 still lie ?

mcguinness has also stated that there would be a u2 album in summer 2010, and then stated there would be one before the end of 2010, and now has stated early 2011.

believe nothing until there's an official press release.

mcguinness has also stated that there would be a u2 album in summer 2010, and then stated there would be one before the end of 2010, and now has stated early 2011.

believe nothing until there's an official press release.

exactly. people need to be careful with this new "news".

i think the key indicator that a new album is 2-3 months away is when we get a Rolling Stone or Q Magazine article where they are with in the studio with U2 listening to the new album tracks. we'll probably get that before an official press release.

"I hope there will be another record pretty soon. If I was being wildly optimistic, I'd say before the end of the year." That is a little too vague to start with the "liar" talk.

Summer 2010 was a rumour, at best. As he said "they are talking about June".

"I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May". This sounds a little tighter, and makes more sense, especially if the plan to tag one or more of the new songs on this live EP, to promote the Australian dates and the new album.

"I hope there will be another record pretty soon. If I was being wildly optimistic, I'd say before the end of the year." That is a little too vague to start with the "liar" talk.

Summer 2010 was a rumour, at best. As he said "they are talking about June".

"I would expect a new U2 album sooner than anybody thinks. I would guess early 2011 before the next leg of the American tour which starts in May". This sounds a little tighter, and makes more sense.

we can break down the words all we want, it doesn't change the fact that McG is 0 for 2 so far.

News from u2tour.de:

"Wide awake in Europe" will be a live EP with 6 tracks from leg 3. It will only be available in the US, only on Vinyl and only in indie stores. Which tracks got picked, isn't known yet.

It'll sell like 20 copies. Most people don't have record players anymore..

Side note: U2 is the only artist whose cds I buy. If it's released only on vinyl I'll have no choice but to get it from torrent sites. :|

It'll sell like 20 copies. Most people don't have record players anymore..

it's a collectors item folks.. they are not looking to chart with this.

and FYI

Selling Vinyl:
Meanwhile, from the analogue side of the ledger, here are some new figures on the sales of vinyl records. Over the last four years, sales have jumped almost 300%. In the US, a grand total of 858,000 vinyl records were sold in 2006. In 2009, that number was 2.5 million. The numbers for this year should be even higher.
Still, 2.5 million units is negligible in the grand scheme of things. But what’s interesting is who’s buying: young people who are getting into album art and liner notes.

So this would be vinyl and digital release? I have no problem with that either.

Like I said I collect vinyl and have every U2 release on it, but it's really not convenient as a portable media. :wink:

I think you are correct. It will be vinyl and digital only. I'm still going to buy the vinyl, and it might actually get me to buy a turntable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom