Q Magazine Top 100 Greatest Music Stars of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung y'all

The Fly
In a recent Q Special Edition, readers voted for their greatest icons in music. An interesting list. Here's the top 20.

1. John Lennon
2. Elvis Presley
3. David Bowie
4. Keith Richards
5. Kurt Cobain
6. Madonna
7. Bono
8. Bob Marley
9. Joe Strummer
10. Bob Dylan
11. Morrissey
12. Paul McCartney
13. Johhny Cash
14. Liam Gallagher
15. Eminem
16. Freddie Mercury
17. Mick Jagger
18. Robbie Williams
19. Jimi Hendrix
20. 2Pac

Other inclusions in various positions: Slash, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, Axl Rose, Brian May, Ringo Star, Dave Grohl, Ray Charles and too many others to mention. What the shit Robbie Williams is even in there for, let alone the top 20, baffles me. Good to see Bono still riding high though. And Edge narrowly missed out on the top 100.

m&m and 2pac?

I thought it was music list?

where the fuck is led zeppelin?

UnforgettableLemon said:
The Kurt thing doesn't bug me, though I'd definitely put Bono above Madonna

I know I shouldnt let it bother me either but....:mad:
It just always does!!
I dont dislike Nirvana...Im not a huge fan, tho I love the Unplugged album. But im so sick and tired of seeing him so high up polls such as this. I shouldnt say it, but I will...they are only as 'big' as they are, because of his death. If he was still alive, the group would've disbanded long ago, and people would be commenting on the early 90's Grunge era, saying..."Yeah, Nirvana, they had a couple of good songs, but they sure dont compare to Alice In Chains/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden".

Just my opinion of course...but if any big Nirvana fan out there wants to haul me over the coals - then feel free, ive heard it all before!:|

Keith is the cool Rolling Stone (and the musical soul of the band).

My top 10:

1- John Lennon
2- Elvis Presley
3- Keith Richards
4- Bono
5- Jimi Hendrix
6- Jim Morrison
7- Morrissey
8- Axl Rose or Bob Marley
9- Roger Waters
10- Martin Gore

Well, strictly speaking, I suppose as far as iconography is concerned, the Lennon "granny'" glasses are hard to top. However, Bono's Fly shades give them a run for their money.

Well, Lennon is Ozzy's idol if not his deity. (Yes, I know, you don't hear it in his music, except maybe "Dreamer," an obvious nod to "Imagine")

Does eddie vedder play into the mix at all?? I would think with his philanthropy efforts and a great catalog of albums he would.

People forget the Who plus Led Zeps influence was only greatly felt in America.......

Back
Top Bottom