Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_vfair.jpg

I'm pretty sure there was another photo from this shoot with an umbrella...

Yeah, I was thinking of this photoshoot...

Bono wore a tophat in the New Day video not a bowler hat...

Not really good when in you're in a band known for different sound/image changes.

Edge could move on from the same hat he wore on the last two tours (and the type of hat he first used on Zoo TV), all three could move on from the casual/rock star outfits they do since 2000. Adam could use some hair dye, and Larry could try a different facial expression after almost 30 years in the band. (and the haircut, the Vertigo tour experiment aside)

I'm glad Bono's finally at least partially ditching the shades and trying something new. If you want embarassing eyeliner, look in the Michael Stipe/emo bands direction. He could do without the hat and the umbrella though.

I'm actually quite happy with the look those three have going right now. Adam looks healthy and natural in particular. I don't expect them to go all-out like they did for Popmart anymore. On the other hand, it's difficult to tell where they should go with their image at this point, as their look has generally matched the music throughout their career, and we haven't heard any of the album yet.

As much as I think Bono looks like a douche in this photo shoot, he's got a long way to go before he can match the level of :doh: contained within these pics:

stipe.jpg

chris-martin-wenn.jpg

eltonduck-751995.jpg

meanwhile i am ansty about a few things

* hip hop...please no
* i'll go crazy if i don't go crazy tonight...fucking terrible
* with out hearts out?
* only 11 songs?!
* war war boring boring!!!
* bono in eyeliner in that vid...scary

other then that, i am well happy! :D

Spot on analysis

Bono is dressed nicely and has a nice haircut anyways... it's amazing how much two little inches of makeup freaks people out!

Stipe with that blue shit on his face looks way cooler than Bono with this damned eyeliner. Of course, that could just be because Stipe is cooler than Bono.

Not a bad look per se, but they could move on from the T-shirt/pants rock star-meets-casual style they've been doing since 2000.
Healthy ? Natural ? Maybe, but he's looked about a decade older than the rest of the band since JT, and the grey hair really isn't helping (I presume he's using lenses instead of glasses now ? That's a good move). He looks like everyone's dad.

I just don't see the hubub, given the likes of mullet, Machpisto and Popmart outfit all gracing Bono in the past. What's a little eyeliner compared to that ? On most singers it comes off far worse.

I just don't see the hubub, given the likes of mullet, Machpisto and Popmart outfit all gracing Bono in the past. What's a little eyeliner compared to that ? On most singers it comes off far worse.

He was in his 30s.

After a decade of playing it straight, he's trying to recapture his past insanity, which is like Ned Flanders putting on a funny hat in an attempt to freak people out. It ain't working for me.

Would be nice if we got another album next October. Kind of like an Amnesiac to their Kid A (you get my drift). Would be a great boost for whatever leg of the worldwide tour they're starting in 2010.

Either that or we need a LOT of b-sides.

Would be nice if we got another album next October. Kind of like an Amnesiac to their Kid A (you get my drift). Would be a great boost for whatever leg of the worldwide tour they're starting in 2010.

Either that or we need a LOT of b-sides.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

No bloated double album, fully-realized second album in fall 2009 or 2010.

Dont worry about the Subscriber message on the front.........sometimes it just means subscribers get a different front page shoot to normal buyers. The detail will be the same in the mag........

It's difficult to take pictures of the text and they dont come out at all well. All the news on the album is in my original thread. The stuff I didn't share was around none new album stuff.......what they do in spare time, moving business to Holland to avoid irish taxes.

Enjoy......welcome back to hey You, you little monkey!! It's Christmas, so welcome back to the Special One........you're forgiven!!!!!!!

Thank you for telling me that! :) So I assume that the thing with subscribers on it is the cover you got? Does that mean the one in stores will look different?

He was in his 30s.

After a decade of playing it straight, he's trying to recapture his past insanity, which is like Ned Flanders putting on a funny hat in an attempt to freak people out. It ain't working for me.

I hate to break it to you but if you were 16 or 17 in 1992 you would have said the same thing of Bono as a 30 year old. The only difference is that his image then would have freaked you out even more than it is now.

He was in his 30s.

I agree/

He was in his 30s.

So what if he was younger ? Machpisto is definitely the only Bono image that makes me cringe every single time. Followed closely by the lovely Popmart outfits, except it's the whole band there. If you were a kid in 1992 or 1997 you'd probably think "what's the 30+ dude doing in make up/bubble suit?"

And that's the point. He's saying "I'm breaking out a new image". It's not him trying to recapture his past image(s).

Back
Top Bottom