Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The description of "Breathe" in Q sounds a bit different than the beach clip to me. Does anyone else (who has listened to the beach clip a lot) think that perhaps this song has undergone a major overhaul? I hope so, because while I think the song as it stands in the beach clip is great, it doesn't really fit the description in Q (cello, tom toms) or Eno's lavish praise. I think this one might be a pleasant, new surprise.

I'd venture a guess that it has, for a very basic and general additional reason. The tempo seems to have changed--the first clip we got back in the summer was much slower than the beach clip, and the U2.com video clip seems to have a tempo that's somewhere in between the two.

Obviously, the song will have evolved from the summer, and they could have just been fooling around with how fast/slow to play the song, but that shift along with the Q description does make me think we will be in for some sort of a small surprise.

And what really is lame, is speaking for others..."we all get..."

Um....its been discussed on here already thats how I know that. So yes "we all get it". When you read enough discussions here you tend to understand how the majority of the site feels about something or whether or not they know about it. You seemed to be preaching about something like noone was aware of it, when it was obvious.

no offense....but people who use the word "lame" are "lame". I think its time to find a new word. There are millions more out there.

and FYI, we all get the very obvious Clockwork Orange reference. I highly doubt it has anything at all to do with the album in any way judging by what we've read about the songs...but anythings possible.

You are calling the ACO references "very obvious"???? You haven't even heard the damn album yet and you already feel that there are "very obvious" references to ACO based on a scanned copy of Q magazine containing 1 or 2 sentence descriptions of some of the album's songs. . . . .An album's themes are up for discussion years after even after listening to it and you claim the themes are obvious at this point????? Check your head.

You are calling the ACO references "very obvious"???? You haven't even heard the damn album yet and you already feel that there are "very obvious" references to ACO based on a scanned copy of Q magazine containing 1 or 2 sentence descriptions of some of the album's songs. . . . .An album's themes are up for discussion years after even after listening to it and you claim the themes are obvious at this point????? Check your head.

1. chill

2. you check YOUR sources scooter, and understand what the conversation entails before you respond

3. I'm referring to the photo shoot and the photo shoot only. What was obvious was the the eyeliner and bowler hat. A bunch of us said "oh looks like a reference to Clockwork Orange" thats it. No where in there did I ever reference the album.

Got it?

Unless the song was just titled:

"Boots"

or

"Boots (Get Them On)"

or

"(Sexy) Boots"

or how about just losing the whole boots thing and calling the song

"You Don't Know" because those are the words to the chorus. U2 should give me a job titling songs for them. They need the help.

Unless the song was just titled:

"Boots"

or

"Boots (Get Them On)"

or

"(Sexy) Boots"

or how about just losing the whole boots thing and calling the song

"You Don't Know" because those are the words to the chorus. U2 should give me a job titling songs for them. They need the help.

no they don't, those are just as bad as get your boots on :wink:

Sorry...didn't mean to be so lame.

And what really is lame, is speaking for others..."we all get..." There's people out there who give the impression that they think that the guy in the Killers invented wearing eyeliner.

and...isn't one the the new lyrics "reboot yourself?"

Isn't Alex's reprogramming against violence a bit of a "reboot"...couldn't love be used to "reset" his mind?

Believe me, I'm not saying the new album is about ACO...but it does seem to be hinting at some quasi sci-fi themes like AB or Zooropa did.

Sorry ps333, my remarks were meant to be directed towards whoever wrote this garbage. My apologies.

Where is the bloody new song????? :lol::lol:

People here are beginning to go nuts! There is a thread asking how many times will people listen to the album and now some guys are fighting over Bono's eyeliner... again!... OMG!
Ok, that Clockwork Orange reference was a bit far fetched, but anyway chill guys... the silence will be broken soon... not soon enough, but soon... :wave:

Actually, "You Don't Know" would have been a pretty sweet title. Attention-grabbing without sounding like you're trying to grab everyone's attention. Ahem.

mhowells, your remarks were actually directed at PS333, not Mrex if you look at the content of your response. No need to apologise either, dont let PS333 intimidate you. PS333 does this all the time. May have been discussed by a handful of people on the site but not the majority. When PS333 makes an opinion he/she should not qualify their "OPINION" as if it is a fact.

Totally of topic... i was listening to the new version of Do they know its christmas... crap song ok... but wow! Dido sounded wonderful! As always. She has that melodic quality that Bono has...

mhowells, your remarks were actually directed at PS333, not Mrex if you look at the content of your response. No need to apologise either, dont let PS333 intimidate you. PS333 does this all the time. May have been discussed by a handful of people on the site but not the majority. When PS333 makes an opinion he/she should not qualify their "OPINION" as if it is a fact.

Be careful... there are hidden forces in this forum, don't go against it, it's my advice to you... or there will be terrible consequences to you... :reject:

the beach clips were a while ago... the way u2 operates, the reason why they didn't work with rubin, is because they're constantly changing things... we may hear the beach clips on the album, but the beach versions will be very early versions of those songs.

As confirmed by Q, we will definitely hear clips 1 through 4 on the album, and at least one of them will probably be completely identical. Unknown Caller (clip 1) has been almost untouched according to comments from Edge a few weeks ago (in Mojo I think).

And I doubt any of them (with the possible exception of Breathe) will prove to be "very early" versions.

Sorry...didn't mean to be so lame.

And what really is lame, is speaking for others..."we all get..." There's people out there who give the impression that they think that the guy in the Killers invented wearing eyeliner.

and...isn't one the the new lyrics "reboot yourself?"

Isn't Alex's reprogramming against violence a bit of a "reboot"...couldn't love be used to "reset" his mind?

Believe me, I'm not saying the new album is about ACO...but it does seem to be hinting at some quasi sci-fi themes like AB or Zooropa did.

Calling people who use the word "lame" "lame" is relative to the person calling the user of the word "lame" "lame". It has no basis in fact and requires a magnified self opinion to make that judgement upon some one else. Someone calling someone else lame assumes a Fonzi-esque sense of self.

It's pretty lame, but who am I to make that call.

As confirmed by Q, we will definitely hear clips 1 through 4 on the album, and at least one of them will probably be completely identical. Unknown Caller (clip 1) has been almost untouched according to comments from Edge a few weeks ago (in Mojo I think).

And I doubt any of them (with the possible exception of Breathe) will prove to be "very early" versions.

yes you're right... silly me. u2 is known for recording something and not touching it for a year.

fuck... they're still toying with the songs from pop. they can't help themselves... it's what they do.

I am ahsamed to be a U2 fan if it means being associated with some of you.

Outta here.

Chill, i once had the same feeling, but at the same time i found out that the great majority of people here are smart, insightful and funny.
Be sure, there is no other place that a true U2 fan would rather be than here. Its realy a joy being part of this comunity. :applaud:

[Speculation]Did Mercy evolve into one of the songs in the Q article?

That would be hot and sexy, gang.

Actually, I've never heard the song, but I figured it was best to give this a shot, since everyone talks about Mercy all the time.

yes you're right... silly me. u2 is known for recording something and not touching it for a year.

fuck... they're still toying with the songs from pop. they can't help themselves... it's what they do.

Well, unless they are lying, Moment of Surrender has been untouched. He also mentioned Unknown Caller. And the Edge said that half the album came out of Fez fully formed while the other half went through the usual toying methods that you mention. And we now know that each of those 4 clips corresponds with 4 of the confirmed tracks, so they are all there in one form or another.

I think you're confusing it with Miss Sarajevo which was on Passengers which isn't really an album but some sort of weird fucking collaboration with Brian Eno - or maybe it's Daniel Lanois, I forget - and it came a few years before U2 went to reapply for the title of BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

Calling people who use the word "lame" "lame" is relative to the person calling the user of the word "lame" "lame". It has no basis in fact and requires a magnified self opinion to make that judgement upon some one else. Someone calling someone else lame assumes a Fonzi-esque sense of self.

It's pretty lame, but who am I to make that call.

:love: I don't even know what that means!

Back
Top Bottom