Q. about Macphisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
when did Bono debut MacPhisto? i always though it was for the Zooropa tour (leg 4). But then i saw something that said it was for the european leg of the ZooTv tour (leg 2). Either could make sense. but wasn't leg 2 still in indoor arenas across europe? i'm just confusing myself now! all could be solved by consulting AT THE END OF THE WORLD, but today i feel lazy. anyone know off the top of their head?

MacPhisto debuted on leg four, Zooropa, if I remember correctly. Before that, there was Mirrorball Man. I think MacPhisto's first appearance (minus the horns) was on the music video for Lemon.

was mirrorball man ONLY used in America? (leg 1, and leg 3) If so, does that mean they didn't use anything in europe for leg 2 ?(assuming Macphisto didn't appear till leg 4)

Well, I just got the Milan bootleg from the second leg, and it sounds very much like Mirrorball Man was used there.

Hello,

Bono played the Mirrorball Man on the first three legs of Zoo TV. At the first Zooropa concert in Rotterdam (9 May 1993) Bono debuted MacPhisto (in the pouring rain). So during the indoor concerts in Europe the audience also had an opportunity to see the silver glitter suit. :)

C ya!

Marty

Mirrorball man was based on an American TV Preacher, Bono felt that something different was needed for Europe, therefore Macphisto was created.

Back
Top Bottom