Pushing the Envelope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I have, as I look back, been a little inflamed and tense lately on this forum, especially regarding politics. And that, in itself, has brought out the inflamed passions of others, leading to more trouble. For that reason, I am stepping aside for a bit and laying off on the politics, even though I still stand by my arguments. To those I have caused anger, I am asking for a truce. There just comes a point when enough is enough, and fighting seems to be counterproductive. This is one of those times.

I will openly apologize for one thing, however, and that is my ban threatening. It, as I look back, was too far, and I will not do it again. If I have grievences in the future, I will try and resolve it with the person in question. If the person in question is unreasonable, I will consult the mods and let them handle it. The personal attacks I feel I have been enduring recently have brought out the worst in me indeed.

So, forum, continue on as you were...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Melon, I love reading what you write, I mean type
smile.gif
. You're incredibly smart and you always back up your arguments in a smart way. Seriously, how much of the brain do you use? 30?
smile.gif

Melon,

Don't feel bad about getting in heated arguments. At this time in our world, it's hard not to.

I've gotten in some heated arguments too lately(mainly with u2girl). I think I'm gonna lay off too. It's just not worth it.

------------------
Schabow

Now i don't know about the exact topic you were talking about, melon.
But it happens-sometimes people get all caught up in heated debates, especially when it comes to something they feel strongly about.

Mikal: that's all i ever hoped to get across to you. Let me just say it was nice to see a normal talk back in the "Europe rumor" or "Love rescue me" threads.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:

Mikal: that's all i ever hoped to get across to you. Let me just say it was nice to see a normal talk back in the "Europe rumor" or "Love rescue me" threads.

For the record, I still do stand behind the things that I said. But hey! We just don't agree on many things. Let's just not provoke each other. All should be fine then.

------------------
Schabow

not agian....

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
For the record, I still do stand behind the things that I said.

As do i.

And that's ok. No provoking will be done.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-11-2001).]

Excellent. Now stop fighting!
smile.gif

And no need to reply to this particular reply either. Your silence will imply consent.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

c'mon Sphinx...I expected a better insult than that. Still using the tired "U2 are rich pricks who charge too much" argument. Haven't you got ANY new material?

Sheesh....talk about boring.....

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Originally posted by melon:
I have, as I look back, been a little inflamed and tense lately on this forum, especially regarding politics. And that, in itself, has brought out the inflamed passions of others, leading to more trouble. For that reason, I am stepping aside for a bit and laying off on the politics, even though I still stand by my arguments.

Hmm...this statement sounds vaguely familiar.
smile.gif

Originally posted by speedracer:
Hmm...this statement sounds vaguely familiar.
smile.gif

That's why the for a bit is italicized.

I know well enough that I can't stay away forever, but a break is well-needed.

Melon

------------------

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal:
Anyone got a Kleenex? After paying all that money for the U2 concerts, nobody can probably afford a Kleenex.

You are certainly quite amusing for an anal-retentive little shit. Welcome back!

Melon

------------------

Back
Top Bottom