Purchase or Download Free

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's good to know. I have JT remastered on my watch list on ebay for $19 + $6.00 shipping. I just don't know if I want to spend that much for songs I already have, unless the remastered quality of the songs is like wayyyy superior than the regular CD.

I would say the JT remaster is definately worth it.

The new ones I haven't bought, not sure if I will, I may just ask for them at Christmas :shrug:

I don't think a lot of people would have bought the remasters and then wish they'd decided to download them from bitorrent.

I think the people that choose to download them from bitorrent did so without even considering buying them.

(just my opinion)

I would say the JT remaster is definately worth it.

The new ones I haven't bought, not sure if I will, I may just ask for them at Christmas :shrug:

Ok..since JT is my favorite album and the reason I fell in love with U2 I'm going to go ahead and buy this one (I know, I'm way late lol) to see what all this remaster fuss is all about. I actually just found it on Amazon used for only $17 total :ohmy: If it wasn't so cheap I probably wouldn't buy it. I didn't get the one with the DVD though.

Last week, I was listening to the Remastered JT version on my iPod and I swear I heard more details than ever before. WAY better sound, it does make a difference.:up:

i downloaded but am getting all 3 for my B-Day in October. feel free to call me names.

Bob. John. Robert. Steve. Chris. How's that? :sexywink:

I completely find the remasters worth it. Some are better than others, but I was really impressed with the quality of the JT remaster, and I imagine the improvements on these to be much more worth it.

Hmm... that's odd. :hmm: I'm a musician, and yet I care about sound quality.

An odd musician? :eyebrow: :wink:

Still not buying the remasters. I have the deluxe JT. It'll have to do. I don't have high-tech hearing. Nor the money :shrug: Oh, and $20 at Best Buy is a fabulous deal. It's below my wholesale cost. Again :grumpy:

Honestly... I'm not going to get the remasters at all. I'm perfectly happy with what I have now, and would rather spend money on tour tickets next year. I did buy a Super Deluxe copy of JT, and that was worth it. I'll buy remastered TUF if/when if comes out; same for AB. Maybe a couple of others. I would buy War if the bonus disk wasn't such a joke.

I have a job. I pay for things I want in life.

I don't feel ripped off. I'm buying these remasters for THE REMASTERED QUALITY OF THE ORIGINAL album, as well as the booklet and the bonus songs are just that. Bonus songs.

I already own these albums in other formats. I said it in another thread, I purchased Boy, October, and WAR in 1993 for a grand total of 70 dollars at the time. Big deal. I was a teenager then, I saved, I bought. I'm an adult now and I don't need to save to plop down 60 dollars for re-releases of something I already own.... That's outdated, horrible sounding and scratched up.

If you feel the need to question my reprimanding of another poster, please feel free to do so via pm and not on the forums.

Mad with power often?
I didn't know you couldn't use :huh:
Why is it there?
This place is really something sometimes.

I have a job. I pay for things I want in life.

I don't feel ripped off. I'm buying these remasters for THE REMASTERED QUALITY OF THE ORIGINAL album, as well as the booklet and the bonus songs are just that. Bonus songs.

I already own these albums in other formats. I said it in another thread, I purchased Boy, October, and WAR in 1993 for a grand total of 70 dollars at the time. Big deal. I was a teenager then, I saved, I bought. I'm an adult now and I don't need to save to plop down 60 dollars for re-releases of something I already own.... That's outdated, horrible sounding and scratched up.

AMEN.

Mad with power often?
I didn't know you couldn't use :huh:
Why is it there?
This place is really something sometimes.
Did you not just read what I wrote about discussing any issues you have with the moderation here in private?
Not that I need to explain myself, but you don't know the history of the poster in question that I was initially referring to, regarding his use of that smilie so I suggest you mind your own business. I don't appreciate being insulted and I have a good mind to just boot you off of here right now for this since I'm "mad with power!11!!"

Let me link you to our rules in case you haven't read them, specifically the part about "What do I have to do wrong to get a warning or banned from the forum?"

http://forum.interference.com/f224/interference-policies-rules-187101.html

If you personally attack a moderator or administrator in a harsh manner, you may be banned immediately.

Members who do not listen to moderator/admin warnings and continue to carry on after a mod has warned them in the thread(s), may be temporarily suspended from one or all of the forums for a week or longer..

What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?

Anything that is a personal attack (by personal attack, we also include yawns, rolleyes, etc. that are directly intended to annoy, or used excessively).

I bought them. All three. As someone who still firmly believes in holding a physical product, these reissues (as well as the JT remaster and most likely the upcoming UABRS reissue) are treats for fans. In listening to the remastered War in my car, I feel it's definitely worth the money for the remastering alone. New Year's Day just pops so much more, and the transitions between songs (yea, even the silence) is just a lot smoother. The guitar overdub interplay at the end of Two Hearts is so much more defined, and Drowning Man somehow has even MORE atmosphere.

I'm not against downloading, as I download music (and movies, and shows) fairly often. The thing with U2 - and especially these reissues - is you know you're getting a fair amount for the price. Well, more so if you buy them the first week of release.

All that being said, though, the write-up in the deluxe edition of Boy is written like horseshit. Did they not have time to edit all the run on sentences and awkward grammar? And also, a brief glance through the War package yielded the fact that the Edge did not write anything about Angels Too Tied To The Ground. I was hoping for a cool story about why this song all of a sudden popped up now (unless my deluxe War is missing a page).

If you didnt care about the sound quality you wouldnt be downloading it either.

Its a free market you can chose to buy them or not choose to buy them. End of story.

Alrighty then. Looks like its talk back to the mods day.
I guess no one else saw him reply to 2 other threads right before this in the same manner. And obviously you have not paid close attention to any of his other posts to see that constantly using that smilie the way he does comes across as rude. He knows exactly what I'm talking about. All I said was enough with it. Yes of course you can use the smilies! But with everything, these things can be abused, it doesn't mean its always ok.

I'm going to suggest that anyone that wants to continue discussing the new remastered albums you can do so here.

http://forum.interference.com/f189/all-remastered-limited-editions-discussion-here-188089.html

This thread has gone off topic at the very least and I should not have to defend my actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom