Pumping it up to U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
"Streets"...I want to run....
Wild Honey
New york
I will follow
A sort of homecoming

I started walking every morning again (my sinus makes itis almost impossible), but my walkman is lame, I need to buy a new one...I need the U2 inspiration to keep me going.
smile.gif

lol, Chris. Yeah, sometimes it feels that way. And that's a good song to run to as well. *makes note* Can't forget "Like a Song" too...drumming mania!

Almost anything from POP...

------------------
when a good time turns around
you must whip it
you will never live it down
unless you whip it
no one gets their way
until they whip it
i say whip it
whip it good

Hi Sula, when I workout I always listen to U2!
smile.gif

Here are some of the songs I find good for walking (in addition to those already mentioned):
New Years Day
Gloria
A Celebration
Indian Summer Sky
Everlasting Love (although it doesn't sound like it fits - it does!)
Lady With the Spinning Head
Even Better Than the Real Thing

Sula, if you put the influx mix of Elevation on your tape-beware the people at the gym! I never could listen to that song in public, I'd start jumping up and down going "Woohoo!" throughout the song.
Although it would get your heart a pumpin'!

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Sula, if you put the influx mix of Elevation on your tape-beware the people at the gym! I never could listen to that song in public, I'd start jumping up and down going "Woohoo!" throughout the song.

I have that same problem. There have been several times on the stationary bike that I have to physically suppress myself from throwing a fist in the air. Its nice to know I'm not the only one.

Elevation Influx is a great concert opener. It only follows that it must be a great workout opener.

Stretching to this one excites the mind of the potential sweat you are about to bring on.

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

lol. I'd probably be in danger of jeapordizing my entire workout by expelling all my energy in that one song. haha. But it is still definitely going on the mix.
biggrin.gif
Now, if I could only slip it into the system at the club so it would be played over the speakers....
wink.gif

I've been listening to bootlegs when I go running.
smile.gif
I like to pretend I'm Bono running around the heart.
smile.gif
(Don't laugh! It seriously works!)

Hey sula, I use an old-fashioned walkman as well during my walkings. If I were you the songs I wouldn?t leave behind are Mysterious Ways Irving Plaza version, Salome and Big Girls Are Best.

ok, so I've been making it a habit to go to the gym lately and hit the treadmill or some sort of running machine. And since my Walkman (you know...the old-fashioned TAPE playing kind) is small enough to come with me, I'm trying to come up with some playlist for great U2 workout compilations. Doesn't necessarily have to be stuff with a dance beat, but good solid songs that will get your blood going and keep you pumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

Nice Salami!

Well Sula, I would most definately put on "Mofo" Live from Mexico City!!! and "Lemon Perfecto Mix into Discotheque" live from Sarajevo.
biggrin.gif

Those are my choices. they get me soooo pumped. I'd put it at the beginning of your tape for maximum initial effort!

Mofo, Phunk Phorce mix (very nice)
Lemon, Bad Yard Club mix
Elevation, Influx mix
Beautiful Day, Quincy and Sonance remix
Big Girls Are Best
Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Even Better Than the Real Thing remixes (all are pretty good for this)

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by Salome:
Stateless

Stateless might work for cool-down or stretching music.
tongue.gif
Or for doing yoga poses to.

Now that I think of it tho, I bet the full version of TGBHF would be a good song. It sounds slow, but it has a good rhythm...

*makes note of the suggestions so far*

Nothing gets ya going but U2 when ur working out..I have been going to the gym the last two months and always have U2 blasting in my ears! Can't go without it! Especially on the treadmill and elipitical trainer!...Having that music in my ears really motivates/pushes me to keep going. But you gotta get yourself a mp3 player! They are great! Are real small and you can change your music whenever you want!..That's what I got (actually its my hubby's but he doesnt use it much).

Ok, here's my list!--All from boston 4!
biggrin.gif
(thanks sula
wink.gif
)

Desire(with some Gloria thrown in)
Even better than the real thing
Mysterious ways
Pride
Elevation
Gone*( a real pumping song, this really gets me going)
Out of control(* this one too!)
Bad(with some Alison thrown here)
Streets
Sunday bloody sunday
Exit (not on boston 4 but a good work out song)
Lemon(mango remix for propaganda)* this one too, is a great blood pumping song

I know there is so much more..But this works out great for me!

Hope this helps...

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

I think the Mysterious Ways remix would do nicely for a workout. It's got a great beat and all of Bono's heavy breathing in the beginning should really get you going!

Too funny, Kariatari! I always wear one of my U2 t-shirts to my aerobics class and when we run laps, I too imagine myself as Bono running around the heart!
biggrin.gif
I always wear a U2 t shirt to work out in...it gives me inspiration!! When I'm driving home after class, I always blast the Target CD version of Beautiful Day too.

Back
Top Bottom