Propaganda is officially sold out of everything, leaving me with no tickets at all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grace

The Fly
i just found out this morning. I'm not even getting the courtesy of a so-called "upgrade." I called the phone number on the form this morning and told them i hadn't gotten my NYC tickets yet with only one week left til the show. the guy i spoke to wasn't from Propaganda, but a middleman from their database service. He asked me what show and what kind of tickets i ordered and i told him GA tix, NYC or Providence. Then he asked whether i had mailed my money in early or close to the deadline. i said close to the deadline. Then he said that if I hadn't gotten my tickets yet, I wasn't going to get any tickets from them at all. He said Prop is sold out of all shows and all seats and that letters and refunds were just mailed out this weekend. He said they received more orders than they could supply tickets for. So my rejection letter is on the way and i have no back-up tickets.

I don't understand how this can happen. Propaganda knows how many members they have and so they should know how many tickets to reserve. I even know 2 people that have Prop subscriptions that didn't order tickets at all this time around. Since they came through for me last time, i really thought i'd get SOMETHING from them, even if it wasnt my first choice of city or seats. This really sucks.

frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, grace.

(((hugs)))

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Oh, wow...I've never heard of that!!!

I'm sorry...(((grace)))...

Don't give up hope though!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know that half of it...

thanks girls.
smile.gif

i'm gonna try to get tix for Providence somehow and i might even try the stand at the box office before the show and hope they release more tickets method. i have a feeling its going to be a last minute thing for me b/c i dont want to pay broker prices.

i'm sad about missing out on the NYC show. but i think finding tickets for that will be even harder and i don't want to plan a trip there unless i have sure fire tix b/c of the added cost of hotels and all.

Originally posted by grace:
thanks girls.
smile.gif

i'm gonna try to get tix for Providence somehow and i might even try the stand at the box office before the show and hope they release more tickets method. i have a feeling its going to be a last minute thing for me b/c i dont want to pay broker prices.

i'm sad about missing out on the NYC show. but i think finding tickets for that will be even harder and i don't want to plan a trip there unless i have sure fire tix b/c of the added cost of hotels and all.

I *might* be able to help you here. I have an expensive GA (i.e., not from Prop. or TicketMaster) but one that's still within reason (nicely under $200 - try to find that on eBay or from any Ticket broker). My friend suddenly told me she can't go. Now, I'm waiting for her to confirm 100%. If so, I'll have an extra GA ticket to the 10/30 show. Interested???

Originally posted by grace:
thanks girls.
smile.gif

i'm gonna try to get tix for Providence somehow and i might even try the stand at the box office before the show and hope they release more tickets method.
This often works...also monitor Ticketmaster as often as you can, yesterday there were some singles for Providence on there (no GA's); I got a single GA for Boston 1 about 2.5 weeks prior to the show which enabled me to give my brother a pretty decent birthday present.

Originally posted by doctorwho:

I *might* be able to help you here. I have an expensive GA (i.e., not from Prop. or TicketMaster) but one that's still within reason (nicely under $200 - try to find that on eBay or from any Ticket broker). My friend suddenly told me she can't go. Now, I'm waiting for her to confirm 100%. If so, I'll have an extra GA ticket to the 10/30 show. Interested???

Possibly. First of all, thanks very much for your offer doctorwho. Let me think about it. I didnt want to have to pay over $100 a ticket this time around (i spent way too much on the last leg) but I also really don't want to miss out on a show so close to me, so it's not really about the money. My other concern is that the friend i wanted to take with me to the show isnt the U2 fan that i am and she wouldn't be willing to spend that much on another GA ticket.
Definitely let me know what your friend decides to do whenever she decides. In the meantime, i'll continue thinking...

------------------
when i first met you girl, you had fire in your soul.
what happened your face of melting snow?

[This message has been edited by grace (edited 10-17-2001).]

grace,
you're not alone... it happened to me too
frown.gif

I hadn't heard anything about Philly (2 weeks away) - I didn't get anything from prop - no email for an upgrade, etc. In fact, I had emailed them twice asking about the tickets, with no response.

Well today, in the mailbox... my cashier's check and order form, along with a form letter from Prop - all out of tickets.

Now I understand the demand and all, but couldn't they have let me know sooner?

frown.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

awww, Crzy ... i'm really sorry to hear that it happened to you too.

i wish they had sent emails warning us earlier so we would of had more time to search for alternate tickets.

Back
Top Bottom