PROPAGANDA HAS LET ME DOWN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
I just got this email:

Dear Propaganda Member:

Due to the popularity of the floor-General Admission area, we are not able to accommodate all the ticket orders for this price range.
You have two options:
1. A refund (we will return your original form of payment)

2. An Upgrade

If you wish to upgrade to the top price tickets, please carefully read and follow the directions below.

a.) You need a certified check or money order for $85 per ticket, made out to:
Propaganda
Po Box 2672
Bala Cynwyd Pa

b.) You must e-mail your reply by Thursday, October 4th @ 6PM Eastern Standard Time. You must state that Chicago is your city of choice.

c.) Your payment must be postmarked by Thurs Oct 4th.

We are sold out of all General Admission tickets for all cities and dates on this tour.

Best Regards,
Propaganda

thank god i got ga tickets through ticketmaster for at least one show. but i'm still kinda down cause i won't be able to go to both chicago shows. well, i feel bad for anyone who was relying on prop and got screwed cause of them.

mad.gif
@ Prop! At least they send yah the form on time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

This is interesting...two people haven't gottent their GA tickets that they requested, and both of them asked for Chicago. I hope for the majority's sake that this is just a problem with Chicago and not something we'll see popping up in every other city.

Damn that sucks.

*Crosses fingers and hopes to God that I don't get any email from Propaganda*

*fears the impending e-mail* Suckage guys. Sorry.

------------------
"All right I'll eat your- eat your shorts?!!"

*GULP* hope this doesnt happen for vegas...i already have all my reservations and 2 other GAs...me and my friends all need to be together. im thinking since the LV show took a lot longer to sell out (is it even sold out yet?) it wont be a problem...i hope.

alison

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

The demand for these tickets is the highest I have ever seen!....I have never heard of prop not being able to make a request before...but I am hoping that because Chicago could probably play six sold out shows that other places won't have this problem.

It seems to be a problem with the 2nd Chicago show only. Most people that requested GA's for the 1st Chicago show from Propaganda got them.

I was at all 4 Chicago shows and what I noticed the last night was that there was ALOT of VIP's and work crew in the heart and on the floor, more so than any other night. I think alot of these people get these tickets at it is U2's last night in Chicago. Not to mention there are only 2 shows this time as opposed to 4 so Propaganda was not able to substitute GA's for different shows as a result. I didnt get GA's for the 2nd show as I had thought, my friend that was getting them through Prop got the same email. But I will be there, where there is a will there is a way. It just probebly wont be on the floor.

They are still offering everyone a ticket though. Its to bad they couldnt offer the $85 ticket or even the $45 nose bleeds as well. Then you would at least have a couple of more economical options.

This is not good news...

I received my Prop form on October 1st!.... I was a bit worried by Sept 24th that I had not received my order form so I had U2Prop send me one via email...I sent back the following day using express mail from Canada... I hope that I will get my tickets on time for the Hamilton show... If it takes the tickets as long to get here as it took the prop form then I out of tickets and probably my money.

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN

I had a similar experience last time 'round. I was in a position to be flexible, and told them to just send me whatever GA's they had available to any Elevation show. I ended up with a couple of GA's that I couldn't use, but it's still worth a shot.

U2One, I'm so sorry! that really sucks.
frown.gif
now i'm nervous about the NYC GAs I requested.

Quick question, though: Is there some reason why your order would have been given lower priority? For example, did you send it in late? Or do you not live in the Chicago area?

You should try to request GAs to ANY show- and then trade them for Chicago. There should be fans willing to do this!
Sorry things didn't work out the way you'd hoped. Good luck!

Originally posted by Swan269:
The demand for these tickets is the highest I have ever seen!....I have never heard of prop not being able to make a request before...but I am hoping that because Chicago could probably play six sold out shows that other places won't have this problem.

The only shows I'd be concerned about are NYC (although 3 shows might make that okay), Vegas (because lots of folks sent in Prop forms thinking it was the last show), and maybe LA closing night.

On the last leg, I think MSG and Florida opening nights were the only ones where I heard of some folks getting the dreaded email instead of the GAs they requested.

Good luck everyone!

booooo....

I requested Vegas and LA3....

hrmmm, well at least I have LA2 and LA1 as alternates....

Prop hasn't let me down....yet

Originally posted by Blue Room:
They are still offering everyone a ticket though. Its to bad they couldnt offer the $85 ticket or even the $45 nose bleeds as well. Then you would at least have a couple of more economical options.

They are offering the $85 seats... but you're right about $45 seats. If they had those, no one would have to send more money. And if they could put people in the front row or two of the uppers, those wouldn't be bad at all.

The only thing I think sucks about this is that on the first leg, when they couldn't give GA's, they sent people GC tickets without asking them to pay more. But maybe there are too many requests this time for them to do that.

I would like to gently remind everyone that Prop is very careful to make it clear from the outset that no one is guaranteed tickets. Yet, while there are *always* incidents of people getting worse tickets than they wanted (I recall during PopMart they gave upper-deck seats in Pittsburgh, though those were close to the stage, and there were the aforementioned GC substitutions on the first leg), I have never heard of Prop leaving someone without any ticket options at all. And even when they can't give you the tickets you want, the tickets they do give you will not leave you swinging in the rafters.

Anyone's odds of doing well with Prop were still far far better than with ticketmaster. And, I think, U2's main goal in offering these tickets is to get all their fans in the door and in decent seats, which they do.

::sigh:: I'm still waiting to see how I made out for Baltimore.

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

[This message has been edited by u2zed (edited 10-03-2001).]

Originally posted by U2One:
We are sold out of all General Admission tickets for all cities and dates on this tour.

Does this mean that if you haven't gotten your tickets from prop then you get the dreaded email?

Sorry to all, this sucks!

[This message has been edited by blood red edge (edited 10-03-2001).]

Originally posted by Blue Room:
It seems to be a problem with the 2nd Chicago show only.

No.

You can add Hamilton to the list.

----> I GOT THE SAME EXACT E-MAIL!! <----

I must say that it is a bit confusing...If I decide to upgrade am I paying for the $85 tix and they will refund my money or am I paying for the $120 tix and they are keeping my last check.....GRRR!! I'm MAJORLY stressing now!!! I have like...hmmmm....8 hours to decide...

Can you imagine those poor bastards who paid $300 on ebay for the prop form?

Jeesh.

**still waiting for tickets... or an email...**

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

is that email address u2fantix@aol or is it u2fantx??? someone posted u2fantx but my form has tix spelled with the i in it... just curious cause i sent them an email and i want to make sure it's the correct address.

Originally posted by astoria:
is that email address u2fantix@aol or is it u2fantx??? someone posted u2fantx but my form has tix spelled with the i in it... just curious cause i sent them an email and i want to make sure it's the correct address.

u2fantix@aol.com

Ody, Prop had not let me down until Chicago 2 and I have been purchasing tickets through them since 1992. They have come through 16 times for me so I can cut them some slack this time. Fortunately I snagged some average reserved seats for face value for the 2nd Chicago show. So I will be in the building at least! I saw 5 shows from the heart on the first leg so a few different perspectives should be interesting (although I think I would rather be in the heart!
wink.gif
)

Hopefully I will be in the heart for the 1st Chicago show at least! See those of going to South Bend and Chicago! 1 week from today!

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 10-03-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom