Propaganda and tickets for summer tour in Europe???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
Does anybody know if propaganda will offer tickets for the possible summer tour in the Europe? If so, will they offer them to anyone, or just UK members? I hope this isn't a stupid question.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Shygirl:
Does anybody know if propaganda will offer tickets for the possible summer tour in the Europe? If so, will they offer them to anyone, or just UK members? I hope this isn't a stupid question. Thanks!

I imagine that they will offer tickets to European members. And on that note, a friend of mine in Spain recently (the last few weeks) contacted Propaganda about membership and they received an email saying that for the time being Propaganda (in Europe I assume, but it wasn't stated in the email) was not accepting any new members.

I noticed that on their website the "Subscribe" option is no longer visible.

Don't know what to make of it.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
I imagine that they will offer tickets to European members. And on that note, a friend of mine in Spain recently (the last few weeks) contacted Propaganda about membership and they received an email saying that for the time being Propaganda (in Europe I assume, but it wasn't stated in the email) was not accepting any new members.

I noticed that on their website the "Subscribe" option is no longer visible.

Don't know what to make of it.

That's odd.. I wonder why? You would think they would figure out that Propaganda would get a bunch of applications but perhaps not. Is it just me, or does it seem like the fans that know about Propaganda are the bigger, more hardcore fans? It doesn't seem to be a very well known thing sometimes, and it isn't advertised very much on U2.com or anything.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Propaganda is known for freezing membership status right before the release of a new issue. This is likely a temporary measure.

A friend of mine e-mailed Propaganda in January or something, asking about tickets for an eventual upcoming tour and the answer she got was that nothing is set for a tour yet but if so, they most likely won't offer tickets.

Something tells me that they will do though but this was the answer in January.

Has it ever been possible for a North American subscriber to get tickets for a show in Europe via Propaganda?

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

Well us Europeans couldn't get North American tickets, so i can't see why it would work the other way.

It almost seems like propaganda nth america and propaganda Europe/ROW are two completely separate entities.

I'm sure some european members will help out there north american friends...eh zoom?

I'll have to wait till after tour dates are annonced to plan

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 03-05-2002).]

and if you do get tickets from Propaganda, there is usually a limit how many you can buy,the Elevation tour was 4 tickets, so you could have 2 tickets to two shows or 4 tickets to one show, can't see the USA being offered European tickets, as we didn't get offered USA tickets, which is only fair really

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
can't see the USA being offered European tickets, as we didn't get offered USA tickets, which is only fair really

I think it is clear that only European members of Propaganda will be offered tickets to the shows in Europe.

Propaganda N. America and Europe are run by separate staffs of people. They are like two separate subsidiaries of Principle Management.

Propaganda in Europe has not always offered tickets in the past. For Zoo TV and Popmart I know they did not offer tickets in Holland (and I think the rest of Europe). In fact, I think the Elevation tour is the first time they have provided tickets to Europeans in a long time. With it being a stadium tour this summer I doubdt Propaganda will provide tickets as there will be alot of them. The shows will sellout quickly but I think their theory is that there are enough tickets out there and those fans that really want them will be able to get them. As opposed to when they are greatly undercutting the market like the arena leg in Europe. In N. America however, they have almost always offered tickets even when they were not undercutting the market (ie Popmart).

Fans in N. America will almost definately NOT be able to purchase tickets for the Euro dates if Prop offers them. Just as pointed out above the Europeans could not buy Prop tickets for the N. American shows. It really wouldnt be fair anyway.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom