Proof that U2 will always be my favorite band... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Proof that U2 will always be my favorite band...

I must confess that I've been listening to mostly non-U2 stuff lately. The Beatles, mostly, but other stuff too. But then yesterday I was looking at some of the U2 videos on my computer and found myself completely spellbound all over again. And this morning when I listened to One on my walkman, I still felt so uplifted. I can say with confidence that no other band has ever had that effect on me...

Old 03-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:04 AM
Yeah, that has happened to me sometimes. But it's great to get that feeling of falling in love with U2 all over again!

It's funny, because though I've never considered it to be my favorite album, I've found that ATYCLB is the one that makes me remember why they are my favorite band.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:53 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 02:04 PM
ditto for me too except that since ATYCLB came out U2 is all I've been playing! Well 99% of the time anyway! lol.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 10:04 AM
That is funny because I have been listening to the Beatles lately myself. I have to come up with a better comeback for my co-workers that can not understand why I am crazy over U2. The only thing I can ever think of is but that is little voice. If I ever say that outloud then then I would never hear the end of it. So I spend all day listening to what they like..while singing u2 songs with my little voice.

Luceviola
Old 03-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
arw
Blue Crack Addict

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I downloaded a video of U2's part at the live aid concert. I've had the recording on CD for a while but just actually seeing it was so incredible and so uplifting. I definitley had an "I love U2 more than anything in the world" moment.

I can't get through a day without listening to U2. I'd go crazy without them.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I can't get through a day without listening to U2. I'd go crazy without them.
That's totally how I feel.....I can't get through commuting everyday to Uni without U2 on my CDplayer.

On another note, I've been listening to JT recently after ages, i've never realised how much I like "Red Hill Mining Town"...maybe that's just me.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Re: Proof that U2 will always be my favorite band...

Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie
I must confess that I've been listening to mostly non-U2 stuff lately. The Beatles, mostly, but other stuff too. But then yesterday I was looking at some of the U2 videos on my computer and found myself completely spellbound all over again. And this morning when I listened to One on my walkman, I still felt so uplifted. I can say with confidence that no other band has ever had that effect on me...
I know exactly how you feel.

I do that, too-I'll go through periods where I'll listen to other music by other artists for a while, then one day I'll find a CD that has some songs I really want to hear on it, and U2 will be on that CD, and I'll fall in love all over again.

I heard ISHFWILF on the radio as I was coming home on the bus this afternoon...man, it felt good to belt that one out. .

Angela
Old 03-12-2003, 04:51 PM   #8
The Fly

Played Ultra Violet in my car today, have not heard it in months, hate to admit it, my heart was pumping, i floored the accelerator.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:53 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc

On another note, I've been listening to JT recently after ages, i've never realised how much I like "Red Hill Mining Town"...maybe that's just me.
It's not just you, that's a great song.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by flaming june

It's not just you, that's a great song.
I agree! And I've only recently discovered that, so in a way it makes it even fresher.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:00 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I sometimes go through a patch when I'm not listening to U2 at all and explore other artists instead, almost to the point where I think, hey do I even care as much as I did before? Then I'll start listening to a U2 song or album I haven't listened to in ages or haven't really explored well and it's back all over again,
Old 03-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

I'll go for awhile without listening to U2 because I like alot of different kinds of music. But when I turn on a U2 album the same juices get flowing again and I remember why I've been a fan for 20 years.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #13
War Child

I've loved this band since I was 14.....no matter what ,I'll always come back to the music......