Proof that U2 will always be my favorite band...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I must confess that I've been listening to mostly non-U2 stuff lately. The Beatles, mostly, but other stuff too. But then yesterday I was looking at some of the U2 videos on my computer and found myself completely spellbound all over again. And this morning when I listened to One on my walkman, I still felt so uplifted. I can say with confidence that no other band has ever had that effect on me...

Yeah, that has happened to me sometimes. But it's great to get that feeling of falling in love with U2 all over again! :cute:

It's funny, because though I've never considered it to be my favorite album, I've found that ATYCLB is the one that makes me remember why they are my favorite band.

That is funny because I have been listening to the Beatles lately myself. I have to come up with a better comeback for my co-workers that can not understand why I am crazy over U2. The only thing I can ever think of is :censored: :censored: but that is little voice. If I ever say that outloud then then I would never hear the end of it. So I spend all day listening to what they like..while singing u2 songs with my little voice.

Luceviola

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I downloaded a video of U2's part at the live aid concert. I've had the recording on CD for a while but just actually seeing it was so incredible and so uplifting. I definitley had an "I love U2 more than anything in the world" moment.

I can't get through a day without listening to U2. I'd go crazy without them.

arw9797 said:

I can't get through a day without listening to U2. I'd go crazy without them.

That's totally how I feel.....I can't get through commuting everyday to Uni without U2 on my CDplayer.

On another note, I've been listening to JT recently after ages, i've never realised how much I like "Red Hill Mining Town"...maybe that's just me.

wertsie said:
I must confess that I've been listening to mostly non-U2 stuff lately. The Beatles, mostly, but other stuff too. But then yesterday I was looking at some of the U2 videos on my computer and found myself completely spellbound all over again. And this morning when I listened to One on my walkman, I still felt so uplifted. I can say with confidence that no other band has ever had that effect on me...

I know exactly how you feel.

I do that, too-I'll go through periods where I'll listen to other music by other artists for a while, then one day I'll find a CD that has some songs I really want to hear on it, and U2 will be on that CD, and I'll fall in love all over again.

I heard ISHFWILF on the radio as I was coming home on the bus this afternoon...man, it felt good to belt that one out. :).

Angela

Played Ultra Violet in my car today, have not heard it in months, hate to admit it, my heart was pumping, i floored the accelerator.

bayernfc said:

On another note, I've been listening to JT recently after ages, i've never realised how much I like "Red Hill Mining Town"...maybe that's just me.

It's not just you, that's a great song.

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I sometimes go through a patch when I'm not listening to U2 at all and explore other artists instead, almost to the point where I think, hey do I even care as much as I did before? Then I'll start listening to a U2 song or album I haven't listened to in ages or haven't really explored well and it's back all over again, :)

I'll go for awhile without listening to U2 because I like alot of different kinds of music. But when I turn on a U2 album the same juices get flowing again and I remember why I've been a fan for 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom