promotion rumur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2log.com

U2 are supposedly preparing to launch a huge publicity campaign for their upcoming album, reports The Mirror. A source told the tabloid that the band?s record company has approved a budget of ?10 million ($18 million), which the band proposed, to promote what they believe is their best work yet. ?Fans won?t believe what the band are planning,? said the source about the publicity campaign. ?They want the whole world to know it [the album] is out there.?

The source also revealed that the band have been in discussion recently with a ?great film director? for the first video, but wouldn?t elaborate further. We?ll take a wild guess and say it?s Martin Scorsese.

U2girl said:
U2log.com

?They want the whole world to know it [the album] is out there.?

not yet.:angry:

Last edited:
I can see a big statue of the band floating down the Thames on a barge and they'll have to lift Tower Bridge and it will be ace and I will go and see it and I won't laugh.

Tizer said:
I can see a big statue of the band floating down the Thames on a barge and they'll have to lift Tower Bridge and it will be ace and I will go and see it and I won't laugh.

haha that's exactly what I was thinking.. let's hope they spend their ?10m with a little more, erm..modesty, than Mr Jackson.

I liked the build up to Achtung Baby, very mysterious press advertistments and trabants nailed to the billboards with no explaination.. those were the pre-internet days of really knowing nothing.. old am I.

:hmm:

Well, Scorsese comes to mind - because of the Gangs of New York connection - but I don't know if he directs music videos.
If it's not him or Wim Wenders, I have no idea who it could be.

spikelee.jpg

i wonder if the fake news articles about a stolen cd were included in the budget or not.

mikal said:
i wonder if the fake news articles about a stolen cd were included in the budget or not.

haha, thats great. great news too, cant wait to start seeing these promotions about the new album, who knows? maybe they will have the actual name of it on the posters.

Spike Lee - of course! :lmao:

The director of the new U2 video.....

Thanks, Headache in a Suitcase, for another laugh - it's greatly appreciated. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom