Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Continue here....

Populating with links to info now.

Provision titles: Project Zero One or Songs of Ascent
Provisional Release Date: 27 May (according to Amazon.de)
Producer: Danger Mouse

MusikWoche | News | Neues U2-Album in der Pipeline

English Translation:

At Midem assured U2 manager Paul McGuinness talks to Music Week that the new album the group is largely completed. It should come ahead of the other North American tour dates in May to market.

The band was in the studio in southern France about to miss the songs the finishing touch, "said McGuinness. Brian Burton aka Danger Mouse is seized of the production. That should take the new work entitled "Songs of Ascent", as rumored in the past several months is unlikely.

Digest: U2 Might Release Album in May; Gucci Mane Teams Up With U.K. Producers on Mixtape | Rolling Stone Music

And to put this where it belongs:

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. It was I who allowed the public to know the location of the Spiderman musical. It was quite distracting for your pitiful little band. Now, an entire legion of our best songs awaits you. Oh, I'm afraid the Danger Mouse album will be quite operational when the North American tour arrives.

Starting to look more and more solid. Don't think my fandom can take too many more delays/teasing soundbites for no result

Sometimes_hoodie.jpg

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. It was I who allowed the public to know the location of the Spiderman musical. It was quite distracting for your pitiful little band. Now, an entire legion of our best songs awaits you. Oh, I'm afraid the Danger Mouse album will be quite operational when the North American tour arrives.

:applaud:

Ok, I know everything is better than "How to dismantle an atomic bomb"...

Yeah, NLOTH didn't bother me that much, HTDAAB was terrible. ATYCLB seemed a bit corny and generic, Pop ok for novelty value, Zooropa I quite like, Achtung Baby again, novelty, Rattle & Hum meh, The Joshua Tree meh again, The Unforgettable Fire, probably nd fav realy title, War boring, October boring, boy boring.

Yeah, NLOTH didn't bother me that much, HTDAAB was terrible. ATYCLB seemed a bit corny and generic, Pop ok for novelty value, Zooropa I quite like, Achtung Baby again, novelty, Rattle & Hum meh, The Joshua Tree meh again, The Unforgettable Fire, probably nd fav realy title, War boring, October boring, boy boring.

I like Joshua Tree, epic title for an epic sound.

Joshua Tree fit the album for sure; AB may have been a gimmick but did fit in with tbe nature of the album's production; Pop was supposed to be ironic; ATYCLB is fitting and ties right into the lyrics, themes, and U2's career; I personally really dig HTDAAB, it's mysterious but deeply personal and so U2; and NLOTH is probably my favorite U2 album title ever, so evocative.

Joshua Tree fit the album for sure; AB may have been a gimmick but did fit in with tbe nature of the album's production; Pop was supposed to be ironic; ATYCLB is fitting and ties right into the lyrics, themes, and U2's career; I personally really dig HTDAAB, it's mysterious but deeply personal and so U2; and NLOTH is probably my favorite U2 album title ever, so evocative.

Fair call: in light of this though, no value judgements good or bad, can be made on Project Zero One as a title until we hear how suitable it is.

re HTDAAb though, it sounds to me like a pamphlet you get at a hardware store

i still don't think we'll get it in May. but that's just me.

Dan have you heard The Decemberists new album? i remember you loved Hazards of Love.

i still don't think we'll get it in May. but that's just me.

Dan have you heard The Decemberists new album? i remember you loved Hazards of Love.

Yeah I have, and I'm not in love with it. SOme beautiful songs, but it hasn't drawn me in like HOL, CaC or HMTD

I kind of loved how the fact that the title sounds political played with the world's perception of U2, and it turned out to mostly be an album about personal reflection with calling for peace being as 'political' it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom