Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The King Of Limbs" will be in stores at the end of March, so I don't know where this idea of exclusivity comes from. And they are charging market rates for mp3s. I think anyone who pays for mp3s is a moron.

Radiohead aren't greedy for wanting all that money, they just want to get it all instead of share it with a multinational. "In Rainbows" was cheap too. The LP was $13, compared to $40 for NLOTH. It's smart business practice, and it gives them total freedom and control. It creates more hype, but it's honest excitement, not like the long term manipulation engaged in by the majors. When people like U2 are promoted, they just become part of the noise, and people resent that. They think, "look at these assholes everywhere!" With Radiohead say "hey, we have new album next week" people get fucking excited! Maybe because Radiohead are by far the best band of the last 20 years.

NIN and Radiohead are the most respected artist right now because they understand how music distribution has changed and are using the current system for the benefit of themselves and their fans. They aren't clinging to the monopolistic past where majors rip off artists and manipulate the fans of music. U2 should follow them, but they'd rather try to get people banned from the internet.

As for the best ofs/dvds, best ofs are a waste of time and money and Radiohead seem to understand this. And they have a lot of pro shot, HD bootlegs available FOR FREE. Same with NIN.

It would be nice if U2 still had the balls to release a record this uncommercial - a record that is getting amazing reviews and will go to #1 everywhere, all without a chorus to please the Oprah crowd. A folk/jazz/Flying Lotus/Shakleton record...fuck yeah!!

Why are U2 so concerned with pleasing the wrong ears?

The way I see it, Radiohead want everyone to buy the album twice. Once on Mp3 now and then a CD at the end of March. THAT'S uncommercial!?!?!?!?!

Hollow Island, I actually liked the way you argued for U2 having no record label, and not caring about pleasing the wrong ears... but then you just turned into negative white noise. It's fine to have your opinion, but I guess it left me wondering if you're even a U2 fan.

Of course, I get that feeling with many posters. I don't advocate blind worship, but endless negativity is just as bad for 'discourse' on these boards, or enjoyment of life in general.

Hollow Island, I actually liked the way you argued for U2 having no record label, and not caring about pleasing the wrong ears... but then you just turned into negative white noise. It's fine to have your opinion, but I guess it left me wondering if you're even a U2 fan.

Of course, I get that feeling with many posters. I don't advocate blind worship, but endless negativity is just as bad for 'discourse' on these boards, or enjoyment of life in general.

:up:

Thought the same thing.

Nobody cares about radiohead anymore

Yeah, this.

Hollow Island- Radiohead doesn't matter one bit.

They never came anywhere near the same level of mainstream success and universal respect as U2.

They were never anywhere near as relevant to the music world as U2.

They are not now.

They never will be.

They are not a bad band in the least bit, but they don't walk on water like you and others claim.

End of story there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom