Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you'd have to smuggle the recording equipment into the stadiuma nd use it unseen at a place close enough to the stage to be able to catch the broadcast.

still more to it, me thinks. but regardless, this isn't the thread or place to debate it.

U2girl said:
I like how a big supporter of $ir Mick Jagger & Co. accuses any other band of being greedy.

If they didn't want to, say, put out U218 for fear it would look like a money grab? They wouldn't put it out.
Yes, because U2 can avoid contract obligations when leaving their record label.

I never said they were greedy. I said they care about making money.

Who doesn't? I do.

They dont whore themselves out like many other acts, but they are very much involved in the business of making money.

Gllastonbury is a great simple song that will serve its purpose when they play the festival, not a great suprise to see shart and GirlsAloudFan not liking the song.

KUEFC09U2 said:
Gllastonbury is a great simple song that will serve its purpose when they play the festival, not a great suprise to see shart and GirlsAloudFan not liking the song.

Wasn't it announced that coldplay is headlining?

I know this has nothing to do with the thread topic, but is just a comment on the other conversation going on here. I believe McGuinness has said about U2 (though I don't know exactly where the quote comes from) “They know as much about the business as most record executives and most concert promoters and most recording engineers and even most T-shirt distributors”. I also remember a Bono quote where he spoke about deciding very early on to be knowledgeable about and involved in the business side of being a band. But now I can't find the quote.
Anyway, carry on. :wave:
I'm in the optimistic boat for a new record soon.

They are involved of course, but McGuiness still does all the work behind all the deals.

And these aren't exactly money experts on their own, it's a good thing they have him around...

Bono Named 'The Worst Investor In America'

U2 bassist Adam Clayton sues band's moneyman for 'negligence'

So we've got 7 days until a U2 show......wonder if we'll get any interviews of the band when they arrive? Would imagine they will show up later in the week for rehearsals. Won't expect much out of the way of setlist. SA will get the generic show

Eavis says he's asked U2 to play this year but hasn't had a reply yet.

But apparently the headliners are now signed and sealed (or at least you'd expect so). That quote from Eavis was reported not long after last year's Glastonbury.

They are involved of course, but McGuiness still does all the work behind all the deals.

And these aren't exactly money experts on their own, it's a good thing they have him around...

Bono Named 'The Worst Investor In America'

U2 bassist Adam Clayton sues band's moneyman for 'negligence'

Oh, please.

A negligence suit that we have absolutely no clue the exact contents of(likely had something to do with Adam's housekeeper who defrauded him) and a subjective list by some investment magazine.

Seriously?

It somehow represents financial incompetence to bring a negligence lawsuit against those in charge of overseeing your finances? If anything, it shows they take it seriously. And it's not like Adam has a long track record of filing junk lawsuits.

As for the investment magazine, who the hell cares? These are the same people who would have been telling us housing prices will rise forever and everyone's money is safe in 2006.

Who has run multiple businesses? Bono or the people naming him the worst investor in America? Who has made millions of dollars? Bono or the people naming him the worst investor in America? Who has come up with more creative, innovative ideas? Bono or the people naming him worst investor in America?

Can you see how this is a joke.......

Bono's made some dumb moves like any investor, he's also made some very smart ones(facebook, I-Tunes, Red). If he didn't have a mind for this stuff, neither U2 nor his humanitarian ventures would be close to as successful as they are.

Housekeeper AND an accountant.

It will be 50-year-old Clayton's second High Court action in the space of six months.

In January, the High Court agreed to freeze the assets of Clayton's former housekeeper, Carol Hawkins, after the court heard claims that she had defrauded him of up to €1.8million.

Now Clayton has lodged papers at the High Court signalling his intention to bring a negligence claim against Smyth and two other accountants -- Jill Percival and Pat Cleary -- in Smyth’s company.

The ease with which his former housekeeper was allegedly able to take €1.8million from his accounts, taking €600 a day from his debit and credit cards for up to three years, alarmed Clayton.

The housekeeper allegedly used the money to go on a spending spree, which included the 2007 purchase of a $465,000 New York apartment, cars and jewellery, as well as living a rock star lifestyle far beyond her means.

At one stage, she was spending €900 a month maintaining racehorses.

This is Adam taking his finances seriously ? Should be interesting to see him really let his guard down...

Bono is not a smart investor on his own. See above. That is why it's good U2 has people in their own organisation taking care of their money, starting with McGuiness. Their choices have made the band sucessful.

Asshole Neighbor still hasn't turned off his Christmas Lights!

Im convinced that he is sucking every last drop of electricity out of the neighborhood while draining our power grid.

Earlier it looked as though it might be raining outside, then i went outside and discovered that it was only snow dripping off of the roof. I have some friends coming over tonight for the Super_Bowel.

Im hoping that the other neighbor doesn't come outside dressed up in his leather vest, chaps, & dog collar, smoking a cigarette while waiting on a taxi to take him to the 'bondage bar'.

I had a feeling (whoooo hooooooooooooo) that it was going to be one of those nights, until i remembered that i have to get up around 0400 hours to go to work tomorrow.

Why the hell do they play the Super_Bowel on sunday nights? Productivity around the office on the monday after is probably shit. Everyone is hung over, got big headaches, like i will if i continue to stare at Asshole Neighbor's Christmas Lights.

If things go my way, i might get liquored up and write my name in the snow on his lawn. And beside that, if i had enough to drink, i will write a thesis on why Achtung Baby is/isn't a concept album along with rumored tracklisting to Songs of Ascent (aka) Project Zero Area 51.

with love,
Paul McGuinness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom