Producers For Each Song.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
You may already know this, check it out, it's from U2Log.com

1. Vertigo 3.11 (Steve Lillywhite)
2. Miracle Drug 3.54 (Steve Lillywhite)
3. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own 5.05 (Chris Thomas)
4. Love & Peace 4.48 (Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois)
5. City of Blinding Lights 5.46 (Flood)
6. All Because of You 3.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
7. A Man & A Woman 4.27 (Steve Lillywhite)
8. Crumbs From Your Table 4.59 (Steve Lillywhite)
9. One Step Closer 3.48 (Chris Thomas and Daniel Lanois)
10. Original of the Species 4.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
11. Yahweh 4.22 (Chris Thomas)

I've never seen so many different producers for each song! looks like not all Chris Thomas' work went to waste.

Lo-Fi said:
You may already know this, check it out, it's from U2Log.com

1. Vertigo 3.11 (Steve Lillywhite)
2. Miracle Drug 3.54 (Steve Lillywhite)
3. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own 5.05 (Chris Thomas)
4. Love & Peace 4.48 (Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois)
6. All Because of You 3.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
7. A Man & A Woman 4.27 (Steve Lillywhite)
8. Crumbs From Your Table 4.59 (Steve Lillywhite)
9. One Step Closer 3.48 (Chris Thomas and Daniel Lanois)
10. Original of the Species 4.34 (Steve Lillywhite)
11. Yahweh 4.22 (Chris Thomas)

I've never seen so many different producers for each song! looks like not all Chris Thomas' work went to waste.

Real news. Thank you! I hope Steve at least got final mixing on all the songs so the album flows well.

Flood? Is this accurate? I heard nothing about him. Of course I hadn't heard about Eno either until the news that he played bass on LaPoE.

Wow.. if this turns out to be true that would be awesome. I think the idea of different producers is exciting, because we might be getting different sounds and all. But I guess you're right bsp77, it could potentially hurt the flow of the album. Somehow I think this will only mean diversity, which is GREAT!

my man flood on COBL, good f-in job man!! Chris Thomas got credited for being a part of 3 tracks, also did "Sometimes...." ABOY and Vertigo seem very Lillywhite, bass, drums, guitar, vocals...

Last edited:
I'm so happy the band didn't "give" COBL to Spiderman. I couldn't listen to it along with that horrible Train song.

you cannot say that flood did a good job producing COBL because you have not heard the studio version of COBL. You have heard the song which was written by U2...so...Good job U2.

So working with Chris Thomas for 9 months (or was it 12!), they produced 3 songs for the album ?

Sounds like working with him was a difficult experience.

Hoodlem said:
you cannot say that flood did a good job producing COBL because you have not heard the studio version of COBL. You have heard the song which was written by U2...so...Good job U2.
I'm so sorry Hoodlem, please forgive me. Damn, chill the f out

Didn't the recent Star review say that Love and Peace or Else was produced by Eno and Flood?

Okay, I checked. Hmmmm, maybe they both got it right in a way. Maybe it is a Flood mixed track.

Last edited:
ThePuttKing said:
So working with Chris Thomas for 9 months (or was it 12!), they produced 3 songs for the album ?

Sounds like working with him was a difficult experience.

I think the 3 songs credited to Chris Thomas (SYCMIOYO, One Step Closer, and Yahweh) were FINISHED when Lillywhite took over and they didn't do anything else with them. The other songs were probably worked on by Chris Thomas but UNFINISHED. Native Son was probably worked on by Chris Thomas, but he didn't get credit for it because it became Vertigo after he left.

Where the fuck is Nellee Hooper?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

If there's no Nellee tracks I'm not buying the goddamn album

SkeeK said:
Where the fuck is Nellee Hooper?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

If there's no Nellee tracks I'm not buying the goddamn album
Skeek, I've missed you! hahaha My thoughts exactly. Where is Nellee when you need him? What the world needs now....lol

I love the fact this album has been produced by so many. It means we'll get a bit of variety on this one...not just in songs (as U2 could write the same type of songs regardless of producer, for sake of argument), but in textures and soundscapes, etc. We know this album flows well, because we've heard reports that it does so. I think Edge and Bono have practically killed each other over the proper track order regardless....so we needn't worry about that.

I'm running out of patience. I need this record....now.

shart1780 said:
So what else has Chris Thomas produced in the past?
Off the top of my head, some of the artists include Pink Floyd, INXS, Pulp, even parts of The White Album by the Beatles. He's produced hundreds of other albums, even Elton John! He's pretty much done it all.

I read in one of those magazine interviews that this song was a POP leftover, so the fact that Flood came in and finished the production makes perfect sense.

I, for one, think that there is a lot more to this song than the TOTP versions could reveal. Very interesting.

Also, in the one interview it was mentioned that this song was called Fireflies at one time. I am just speculating ,but what are the chances that this could be 'Busy Bee' from the POP sessions? I don't know, just something that crossed my mind.

Last edited:
I believe they give Brian Eno credit for LAPOE because the song was spawned from a synthesizer thing he came up with at the ATYCLB sessions. They probabaly used that recording in the song.

SpaceBoy said:
I believe they give Brian Eno credit for LAPOE because the song was spawned from a synthesizer thing he came up with at the ATYCLB sessions. They probabaly used that recording in the song.

Yeah, that's what I thought to. I don't think Eno actually went into the studio with them over the last year or whatever, he's just credited because the track on the album is something he made or contibuted to back during the ATYCLB sessions.

And with Thomas, I agree with what kevink said. They probably left those tracks alone. Also, you might remember Lanois went into the studio with U2 last Nov/Dec for a few weeks, this was probably when he laid down the mandolin on Yahweh.

Back
Top Bottom