Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
This will soon be posted on the subscription pages, available by clicking SUBSCRIBE in the top right:

NOTE: THIS FORUM WILL NOT GO ENTIRELY 'PAY'. FREE MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO POST AND READ IN VARIOUS FORUMS.

1. What about people who have already donated more than $12 ?

A: If you have donated more than $20 in the past 3 months, and are able to provide paypal payment information (such as email address used, full name, paypal transaction, and $ amount), or proof of other form of payment, please send it to donate@interference.com and request your Premium Membership.

2. Why is there a fee to use a forum for U2 fans?

A: Because it costs A LOT of money to run, and we don't have the pocket book of rock stars - though we wouldn't complain if we did ;)

3. Do moderators of the forum also have to pay?

A: Their donation is their time. If they wish to pay, they may do so if they wish, but are not required. Please don't ask to be a mod to spare yourself the minimal fee.

4. Why can't I use Amazon to pay?

A: Amazon uses an anonymous payment system for websites, which is impossible to track, not to mention they take 15% of the payment

5. If I don't pay, what exactly CAN I do here?

A: Read and Post in some forums, but not all. To fully experience what the forum has to offer, you should atleast try a month - it's only $2.

6. I'm not in the United States, how can I pay?

A; Most International payments are accepted by PayPal, for those that aren't we will gladly take an International money order in US $ via postal mail.

7. I'm not in the United States, can I use PayPal?

A: Most likely, see question #6.

8. a. Can I sponsor someone else that can't afford to pay for themselves?

A: Yes.

b. How can I sponsor another member?

A: When paying by PayPal, replace your User Name with theirs, or if paying via postal mail please include it.

9. How does PayPal work?

A: PayPal is an account-based system that lets anyone with an email address securely send and receive online payments using their credit card or bank account.

10. When do I actually need to pay?

A: As of December 1, 2002 Premium Memberships will be required to access many features and a majority of the forums.

11. Is this site an Official U2 site?

A: Nope. Fan run since 1996.

12. Has U2 ever visited this site?

A: Edge and Bono told me so themselves, does that answer your question? :)

13. In the off chance that I become extremely abusive and get myself banned from the forum, will my money be refunded?

A: Nope. Not our fault you decided to be a major wanker.

14. When I subscribe, will my User Name remain the same?

A: Yes.

15. When does/did the Premium Member subscription first go into effect?

A: December 1, 2002

16. I want to become a member, but I dont have a credit card, how else can I pay?

A: You may send a money order, check, or cash (not advisable), via postal mail. You can also use PayPal to withdraw directly from your bank account.

17. Will I be able to store pictures on the server (for posting) if I become a Premium Member?

A: Yes and No... hopefully we will be increasing the ability to do so in the near future (updated Nov. 7, 2002)

18. I have more than one User Name (alter), do I have to pay for a full subscription for each?

A: No. Contact donate@interference.com to discuss the details. This is handled on a case per case basis.

19. Why isn't there a FREE TRIAL?

A: Free trials tend to lead to abuse - people returning, and setting up a new account, for a new free trial. This is a can of worms we don't care to open.

20. Is PayPal safe to use?

A: Seems to be - I've never had a problem with them. PayPal is a very reputable company, owned by EBAY.

21. If I pay via postal mail, how will I know you got my payment?

A: Include your email address and User Name. We'll contact you when we get your payment.

If you have any additional questions not listed above, please feel free to contact donate@interference.com

Elvis said:
13. In the off chance that I become extremely abusive and get myself banned from the forum, will my money be refunded?

A: Nope. Not our fault you decided to be a major wanker.

:lmao:

Thanks for the FAQ, Elvis! It really sums things up! :)

Elvis said:

12. Has U2 ever visited this site?

A: Edge and Bono told me so themselves, does that answer your question? :)

that is really cool, but with this site becoming a pay site how will Bono and The Edge be able to visit now if they don't have a login?

Re: Re: Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

little boy blue said:

that is really cool, but with this site becoming a pay site how will Bono and The Edge be able to visit now if they don't have a login?

I'd hope they could fork over the $2 or $12 to check up on all of us! ;)

that was very funny Little Boy Blue!!!!

:lmao:

the thought.....Edgie and Bono surely dont visit here! ;)

Hey Elvis, shoooooould u re-check this, I have read but mighta missed (by accident), what if, via snailmail if that was my decision, u never received the money on time just at 1st Dec.....is my ass grounded??? never a premer then???

;)

Will there be a list of premium members on the members page? Say, if I go on a posting binge, and I expect certain folks to reply, and they don't, will I be able to go look and see that they may not be able to read and reply? I don't want to end up talking to myself. At least not in public, anyway.

Elvis said:
NOTE: THIS FORUM WILL NOT GO ENTIRELY 'PAY'. FREE MEMBERS WILL BE ABLE TO POST AND READ IN VARIOUS FORUMS.

I just added this to my first post in the thread... just to make this clear.

No one is being kicked out, you're not becoming an orphan, and ... uhm... everyone stop freaking out ;)

Joel

freaks!!!! ;)

man, ya go to europe for a few lousy months and all these changes happen. lol. in any case...I will be sponsoring a few of my new European buddies as a gesture of friendship, solidarity and all that jazz.

oh and i love the new songs.

bonne soiree...

sula

If I want to sponsor someone with more than one name, does it matter which name I give when I pay, or can I use either of their user names?

meegannie said:
If I want to sponsor someone with more than one name, does it matter which name I give when I pay, or can I use either of their user names?

First off, I'd sponsor their main name first. Once you do that, send me an email ( donate@interference.com ) to discuss the other name(s).

Joel

Elvis said:
1. What about people who have already donated more than $12 ?

A: If you have donated more than $20 in the past 3 months, and are able to provide paypal payment information (such as email address used, full name, paypal transaction, and $ amount), or proof of other form of payment, please send it to donate@interference.com and request your Premium Membership.

do you mean $12 or actually $20 in the last 3 months? I'm not sure I quite follow if you are placing the minimum at $20...

Re: Re: Premium Membership FAQ - Your questions answered here.

ACROB@T said:

do you mean $12 or actually $20 in the last 3 months? I'm not sure I quite follow if you are placing the minimum at $20...

Previous donations have been being used to pay the bills.

ie. If someone earned a $1000, it doesnt mean that they still have $1000 if they have already spent $600.

A donation of $20 or more is what I decided to be the cut-off, and is not a direct result of the remaining money, or money spent... but what I thought was fair for those that had made a more than generous donation previously.

martha said:
Will there be a list of premium members on the members page? Say, if I go on a posting binge, and I expect certain folks to reply, and they don't, will I be able to go look and see that they may not be able to read and reply? I don't want to end up talking to myself. At least not in public, anyway.

This is a very good question that has not been answered yet and ALSO, can our darn status change to like PREMIUM WAR CHILD or whatever. I still havent got over the fact that like 1000 of my posts were taken off my total when you did some upgrade or whatever but its cool im not stressin about it but people that actully PAY for this place should have some little special designation. Maybe a $ sign next to your user name LOL! Whatever I'm not passionate about any of this just merely adding to discussion...

Canada Post assures told me that my snail mail would arrive in a week, but so far, nothing, I assume. If it doesn't arrive by monday, I will go and complain (I kept my copy of the IMO, but this is really aggravating).

oops, i think i just messed up. I donated $12 a while ago and just sent the transaction to Elvis.. so that doesn't count as my payment then? i'm confused.

As U2LA mentioned, I also lost many posts when the upgrade came into effect, no big deal, but just wondering if there is any way (once we are paid premium members) to access posts from before September 2001? You might think it is wierd that I would want to see some of these posts, but I have my reasons:yes:
anyways, this won't affect if I become premium cuz I already sent in my $ and I think 12 bucks is nothing for all the fun and info this site has brought me since I found it back in like October 2000, and this is my fav U2 site! but just curious!?

Last edited:
mocool12 said:
oops, i think i just messed up. I donated $12 a while ago and just sent the transaction to Elvis.. so that doesn't count as my payment then? i'm confused.

Did you mean to pay for the membership instead of donating? Or were you just donating? In that case you would have needed to donate $20 or more in the past to receive the first year membership free.

oh oh ok.. yeah i was just donating. So.. now should I just pay 8 more, or the 20? sorry w/ the :huh:ness.

Last edited:
Hmm I dunno. I think you'd have to pay 12.. but I'll check with Elvis.

This must sound lame but I have never used paypal before. Can I use somebody else's credit card, like I pay her the cash and she enters the number for me online? (That's how I got my boomspeed upgraded) Does it matter whose name it is that pays, and also how do you know which member is paying if you don't know every single person's real name, do we have to email you and tell you or what? :scratch: How long before you're officially accepted? What if somebody is a known asshole, do you refuse their request for membership? Will the posts of non-premimum members disappear in the old threads after Dec. 1? Again sorry to be so lame :der:

U2Kitten said:
Can I use somebody else's credit card, like I pay her the cash and she enters the number for me online?
yep! just create a paypal account with her name, credit card number, and all the other info.

Does it matter whose name it is that pays, and also how do you know which member is paying if you don't know every single person's real name, do we have to email you and tell you or what?
there will be a comment line when you enter a payment thingie for interference. that's where you put your username. it'll be shown up to elvis when he receives the e-mail that someone's paypalled him. just a little note telling him your username and that you're paying for membership or whatever is fine. :)

How long before you're officially accepted?
if you mean for paypal, you're accepted immediately. it's only when you use check cards or checking accounts that it gets tricky. but credit cards they accept right away. if it's the payment itself you mean, that too will be processed within a day or so, just like any other online transaction. it's been my experience with paypal that if i paypal someone something (i've paypalled webmasters before), they've got the notifications and such within 24 hours or less.

What if somebody is a known asshole, do you refuse their request for membership?
i would assume they could do this, but i think they'll only do this if someone who's banned tries to pay, and it's one of those that's been banned and isn't allowed to come back. but i think as long as you're allowed to post, you're allowed to pay.

Will the posts of non-premimum members disappear in the old threads after Dec. 1?
i don't think they will. :D

hope this helps! :wink:

Thanks Khanada. One more question, does the person's name and account number show up on your end, if so she might not let me use it, but I'll still send in a money order via snail mail if that's the case. And, if you do use snail mail, should you put your user name on your money order, or a paper inside the envelope or what? Can you only pay for a few months at a time or does it have to be the whole year or one at a time?

ummm...i believe it just shows her e-mail address. if it'll be a problem, i think there's separate spaces for billing and customer addresses, so you could use separate ones and use your info for all the contact stuff.

and you can pay for months at a time. it's $2 a month, so it's really a better deal to pay all at once for the year.

I thnk that answers it all, thanks. If all that shows up is the email we could put in my email as long as the email doesn't have to be connected to the card. I guess it's like sponsoring somebody, which I would love to do if I get more money sometime. That was an idea I had, 'adopt an interferencer.'

U2Kitten said:
I thnk that answers it all, thanks. If all that shows up is the email we could put in my email as long as the email doesn't have to be connected to the card. I guess it's like sponsoring somebody, which I would love to do if I get more money sometime. That was an idea I had, 'adopt an interferencer.'

Sponsoring is nice, I like the "adopt an interferencer" thing.

Speaking of which, would anyone be willing to do that for me this time around, 'cause I don't know if I can get any money sent by Dec. 1st.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom