pre boy songs (which of them was the last to be played?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Songs like
Speed Of Life
The Magic Carpet
Cartoon World
etc

out of the stuff that was pre boy which was the last to ever be played live out of those early songs?

(Minus Out Of Control and 11 O Clock Tick tock) ;)

liamcool said:
Touch wasn't a Pre-Boy song. It was put down to tape, so yeah.

The last Pre-Boy songs to be played where The Speed Of Light and Pete The Chop, at The Marquee on the 13th (I think?) of July, 1980.

Yep, Pete The Chop was the last on 1980-07-13: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show544.html

That show was the last of the 11 O'clock Tick Tock Tour - there were then two festival dates between it and the Boy Tour. We don't have the full setlists for either festival dates so a pre-Boy song may have been played at either or both, though I'm not sure if that is all too likely. No pre-Boy songs were played on the Boy Tour. Hell, Another Day and SATT didn't make the Boy Tour either!

Salome said:

Touch is on the 11 O'clock Tick Tock single. In that sense, it could be considered "pre-Boy", but it seems to me that the poster is talking about the songs U2 played in their early days but never actually released as official studio versions.

And in any case, Touch can barely be considered a pre-Boy song. Its early version, Trevor, is a pre-Boy song by any definition, but it didn't evolve into Touch until March/early April 1980.

I love that song
I just didn't understand how it could not be considered pre-Boy

but I think I get it now, maybe
:D

Back
Top Bottom