Power of Interference:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
Is anyone else starting to feel the power this community holds on media, fans, and maybe even the band? What's going on here will blow the last tour/album away. Interference to me is what an online community should be. It's among the best there is. Kudos to the band for dropping a line and even posting here and there, as they seem to get what Joel and everyone else is doing here. Enjoy the next 2 years people!!!

I agree. I don't there is another unofficial fansite that is nearly as great (in information, keeping on the ball, amount of registered and current users) as Interference.

Frankly, I think U2.Com should have a link to Interference on their site:)

I agree!

Interference has:

timely news writing by the staff.
a solid forum with plenty of senior and junior members.
a very positive vibe, overall.
staff who actually care about fan input.
depth and breadth of content
dedication- beyond the usual.

I think it's tremendously great to see the band take an active interest in the happenings of Interference.com and give a little back (even if they owe us nothing).

I agree. I don't there is another unofficial fansite that is nearly as great (in information, keeping on the ball, amount of registered and current users) as Interference.

For U2, or any fandom?

AchtungJedi said:

For U2, or any fandom?

Well, I don't know about ANY fandom. My brother is part of a home theatre forum that averages 2,000+ users at any given moment, and over 50,000 rabid members, so we're not the biggest and best by any shot of the imagination. However, for a BAND site, interference is tops IMHO. (And that may be what you meant.)

Last edited:
This place is unlike any I've seen before (in a good way). There's no other way I'd rather spend time in an attempt to avoid doing my school work until the last possible minute.

If any of you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings films, and/or read Tolkien, theOneRing.net is JUST like this website, I am coming to find. Sorry, I did a big huge long post in the "list of stuff" thread (one of the 'Edge" threads) under As the Boys Play Rock and Roll.

I've been a U2 fan for 23 yrs (and I'n only 35) and had nver hoped to find another fan cimmunity experience like the u2 one, until Jackson's films came out. And yes, I'm a Star Wars fan too. But the LOTr phenom is something else. We Ringers now follow the filming of King Kong slavishly and obsess over every little daily detail of life we can find on Peter Jackson, Fran, Philippa, Grant Major, Richard Taylor, Howard Shore, Sean, Viggo, Elijah, Billy, Dom, Liv, Ian, Andy, and now Naomi, Jack, etc..they are First Names to us and the list will grow. They're all like family, the same way the Boys here are family for us. This intesity of fan experience took me completely by surprise, it was totally unexpected. But such a sprtit of love has grown up around that place that I can only comapre it to this one.

Nomatterhow much I wil make this mt new home, I can never completely leave TORN, as we Ringers call it. No matter what goes on here.

The site is great - a nice mix of people from all ages/all over the world - all, for the most part, getting along. It really is just a fun place to hang out :)

While I agree with what's already been said, I'm concerned that some of us will lose our perspective and become a bit "too big for our britches".:ohmy:

So while I suggest we all enjoy Interference, let's make sure our love of these forums does not turn into self-serving praise.

Remember, humility and a bit of Grace, especially towards other U2 fansites, will get you farther in life in the longrun. :yes:

This is not directed to the staff of Interference - it's simply to keep some of our (the posters) hearts in the right place.

The place where U2 lives - the place of Love, Peace, Unity, Forgiveness, Acceptance, Kindness - GRACE. :angel:

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:hug:

nobody's out to win a competition always happy to work with other sites..just doing the very best we can and I know all the staff are are just really humbled that you give us credit we really don't deserve because it's the heart of the fans and the people that come here that make this place great thats the engine that keeps it running.

Originally posted by Teta040 If any of you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings films, and/or read Tolkien, theOneRing.net is JUST like this website, I am coming to find.

TORn is pretty impressive, I'll give it that, but Interference is a place I actually managed to get the guts up to delurk. :up:

That being said, I did spend some time in the TORn irc rooms.

Last edited:
My post wasn't meant to imply some sort of power trip. I was just reflecting on how nice it is that the fans have a voice here. (And for the most part it's a reflective, even headed voice that loves the band but not so much that it can't be objective.)

So all you thousands of lurkers out there, are you gonna let a couple hundred of us be the only ones heard? POST!

U2Kitten said:
So all you thousands of lurkers out there, are you gonna let a couple hundred of us be the only ones heard? POST!

Give 'em time. It took me 2 years to register and another 2 years to actually post. Interference can be quite intimidating with the 22,200+ members analyzing your words...
:uhoh: :eek:
stage fright...

I joined interference 'cause I was really proud of the fact that this is a site run by fans for the fans with fans. There is a nice sense of community here and I am gald to be a part of it.

I didn't want to get involved in forums and stuff and look to the side I've been quiet active. I like knowing things are coming up and what is going on with them outside their music.
The Edge posting is just an added bonus.
Best
$22.00 ($12.00 for membership and $10.00 for server)I ever spent.
Love what goes on here.

youtwohearts said:
I didn't want to get involved in forums and stuff and look to the side I've been quiet active. I like knowing things are coming up and what is going on with them outside their music.
The Edge posting is just an added bonus.
Best
$22.00 ($12.00 for membership and $10.00 for server)I ever spent.
Love what goes on here.

LMAO! :lol:

U2dork said:
Give 'em time. It took me 2 years to register and another 2 years to actually post. Interference can be quite intimidating with the 22,200+ members analyzing your words...
:uhoh: :eek:
stage fright...

Yes!!! Someone who understands! ;)

This is THE U2 fan site, and has been for years. It's been the one I've been coming back to ever since looking forward to ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom