Post-Survivor Showdown: Best of the Worst Song Survivor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song.

So, we've just finished Best Song Survivor v2. In the entire tournament, two songs received just one vote. In the October era round, J. Swallow got one; in the NLOTH era round, The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew got one. Every other U2 song managed to get at least two votes.

Now let's see how the songs compare! Which really is the worst? Vote for your favourite, and in 24 hours, we'll see whether J. Swallow is more or less popular than Ronnie Drew. Dun dun DUN.

Ok I just listened to them both again, because I admittedly don't listen to them much (J. Swallow showed 11 listens on my itunes/TBORD showed 1) and as far as U2 songs go it's an easy vote for J. Swallow. :up: It's really not that bad :wink:

Yeah, J. Swallow's a cool little atmospheric slab of potential. The Ballad, while well-intentioned, is something I have no desire to ever play again.

Voted Ronnie Drew - I never listened to it, but it just can't be less good than J. Swallow...

I dunno how we can consider Ronnie Drew a fully-fledged U2 song, despite what most sources seem to say. I get the feeling U2's contrubution to the actualy writing of the song is rather minimal.

J.Swallow. I just listened to it, and it sounded more interesting than Ronnie Drew.

Also, I find it interesting that after I played J.S, my iPhone randomly selected Breaking Glass by David Bowie to play next, and the transition actually worked very well.

That J. Swallow is one of the worst things U2 ever put out on record I have no doubt, but Ronnie Drew is actually a cool song if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom