Post some Bono cornball lines!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
balls, bats, punky shoes, must be a rock and roll band:ohmy:

But you haven't come all the way out here to watch tv, now have ya?:lol:

The best was from POPMart Leeds 28-8-1997.
Please ended and it flew into Streets.
Edge starts his riff, Adam adds bass and Larry hits it pretty hard.
You can feel the atmosphere rising and Bono says:
"Goin' UP"

"Shut up for a second will ya? Stop whistling 'cos I'm not in The Beatles, OK? It's U2 here"

Originally posted by Bono's Doll
I love "Off With the Horns & On With the Show" being a Mac lover. :macdevil:

Yes, that's a GREAT line ...
Here's a couple more that I love too ...

"Look what you've done to me ...
You've made me very famous ... and I thank you ..." :applaud:

"I know you like your pop stars to be exciting, so I bought these"
( Bono points to his gold boots ) :drool:

Numb1075 said:
balls, bats, punky shoes, must be a rock and roll band:ohmy:

But you haven't come all the way out here to watch tv, now have ya?:lol:

Just to be pedantical, it's 'poncy shoes'. One of my favourite parts of the ZooTV video. :lol:

I thought you meant lyrics. I had a whole list ready.

How about the one about flushing the entire continent down the toilet?

(no offense to the good cause, but it is an offense to the people in Africa who aren't living in mud huts to make it look like their whole continent is like that.)

Zootlesque said:
The only thing I can think of right now is...

"Okay Edge, play the blues..." :huh:

This always cracks me and my friends up when we see this scene in "Rattle and Hum." Bono tells Edge to "play the blues" and Edge goes into a guitar riff in a very Edge-like manner. My friends and I would always snark, "No, Edge, play the blues. Edge, I mean it this time, play the blues. Edge, you #$%@&!!!!"

Numb1075 said:
What is poncy?

Because I suck at defining things sometimes, here's a link I found: http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/poncy

ponce (MAN)
noun {C} UK INFORMAL DISAPPROVING

a man who does not behave, dress or speak in a traditionally male way, especially one who behaves in a very careful way:
- Don't be such a ponce! Pick the spider up - it won't hurt you!

poncy
adjective UK INFORMAL DISAPPROVING

- a poncy flowery shirt

Here are some of mine

"Elvis, he's alive!" - while flipping channels on Zoo TV 08/16/92

"Let's get married, let's go to Vegas" - said in "With Or Without You" throughout Zoo TV

"With a red guitar, somtimes vanilla " - altered lyric for "Desire"

"That's Linda, she's from Argentina" - while Linda is sitting on top of him during "Babyface" on 08/11/93

"She's the kind of girl you could either rob a bank with or take to church" - on Natalie Imbruglia

"People keep asking what Popmart is all about. Well...I don't f*@king know" - on Popmart

"BeLIEve" - Zoo TV slogan

"What a city, what a night, what a crowd, what a bomb, what a mistake, what a wanker you have for a President" - Acceptance speech at MTV Europe Music Awards 1996, referring to French nuclear testing in Pacific

"Rock 'n' roll is ridiculous. It's absurd. In the past, U2 was trying to duck that. Now we're wrapping our arms around it and giving it a great big kiss" - On rock n' roll and U2

That's it for now

:applaud:

"Encorlaaaa!, Heres an english lesson for you.....Its Encore in Italian...Encorlaa....it means to play the same fucking song again!...Alright.....Uno Dos Tres Catorse!"

Seattle 2 before the second Vertigo.

Not a line but how about the time Bono forgot his hat and flew it to Italy for the Pavarotti and Friends concert? :eeklaugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom