Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to ignore any leaks this time and wait until I could buy the cd but I don't think I have the will power to go on! I only found out it had leaked 15 minutes ago, its been the longest 15 minutes ever! I need help! :sad:

11 days till the album is released here, and I am thinking that is too long to wait... I can feel myself breaking down.

I was planning to ignore any leaks this time and wait until I could buy the cd but I don't think I have the will power to go on! I only found out it had leaked 15 minutes ago, its been the longest 15 minutes ever! I need help! :sad:

Well, you can still pretend you don't know?

Otherwise, be strong! :yes: You can do it. Just don't pay attention to the album threads nor read reviews! That'll only tempt you more!
Try to distract yourself. :yes:

I am going to hold out.All I have been doing is just checking little hints being dropped here or there from U2com videos,Here Is What Is Trailers,and Guardian/Observer clips.On March 3 I Will have another awesome U2 Expeirence.Its hard though I need to go to LA.Leakers Annoymous.LOL.:lol:

^ obsess over the Brit Awards instead . . . that'll keep you going for a bit . . . have to admit, now that I know my little boxset is on its way, I'm good . . . the initial temptation to listen to the leak has passed . . . add to that my husbands complete indifference to my manic ravings last night and its all going to be fine . . . . *runsofftoreadypaddedcell* :laugh:

GODDAMNIT!

I'm watching tv and they're talking about it. AND THE DJ PLAYS SOME BITS OF THE TRACKS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

:sad: These songs sound fantastic.

I heard something with Only Love in it, and some other track which sounded like UF/Streets guitar, and a bit of Cedars of Lebanon. The last one sounded a bit boring tho.

Well, you can still pretend you don't know?

Otherwise, be strong! :yes: You can do it. Just don't pay attention to the album threads nor read reviews! That'll only tempt you more!
Try to distract yourself. :yes:

I have just been reading through some of the reviews........you're right it only makes it worse! :doh:

Thanks for the support, good to know I'm not the only one suffering :)

I am actually wondering why I am putting myself through this stupidity... it almost means disappointment is guaranteed on March 2 :(

:doh:

Still, got the GOYB CD today :hyper:

I am actually wondering why I am putting myself through this stupidity... it almost means disappointment is guaranteed on March 2 :(

:hi5: So did I!

Well, at least when we listen to it, the whole initial excitement is gone so it'll be a more calm atmosphere. So we'd be able to judge it better rather than the OMGOMGOMGU2U2U2 hype.

And I don't think it will dissapoint.

Well, I was holding out but I bought the whole album legally last night and I listened to it.

I was planning on downloading at midnight from iTunes on March 3rd, So I don't see how downloading it from getmusic.com.au is any different. I held out until I could buy the whole album.

GODDAMNIT!

I'm watching tv and they're talking about it. AND THE DJ PLAYS SOME BITS OF THE TRACKS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

:sad: These songs sound fantastic.

I heard something with Only Love in it, and some other track which sounded like UF/Streets guitar, and a bit of Cedars of Lebanon. The last one sounded a bit boring tho.

what a hoot - maybe there are some benefits to living on the wrong side of the world after all . . . i swear it feels like no one even knows there is a new album coming out here in oz . . . :angry:

Hafta admit thats what my husband said . .. exact quote 'stop being a wombat, if you want to listen to it who's stopping you' . . . I guess I just feel a teensy bit disloyal aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have a secret addiction to the hype machine :reject: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd that whole peeling off the plastic and touching and feeling as well as listening thing . . . sheesh, think I need a doctor? :crazy: :D

Well, I was holding out but I bought the whole album legally last night and I listened to it.

I was planning on downloading at midnight from iTunes on March 3rd, So I don't see how downloading it from getmusic.com.au is any different. I held out until I could buy the whole album.
Well you have a good point. But I don't have the posibility to buy it legally so I'll wait.

what a hoot - maybe there are some benefits to living on the wrong side of the world after all . . . i swear it feels like no one even knows there is a new album coming out here in oz . . . :angry:

Hafta admit thats what my husband said . .. exact quote 'stop being a wombat, if you want to listen to it who's stopping you' . . . I guess I just feel a teensy bit disloyal aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have a secret addiction to the hype machine :reject: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd that whole peeling off the plastic and touching and feeling as well as listening thing . . . sheesh, think I need a doctor? :crazy: :D

Imagine that, people in OZ not knowing it's out while it leaked there! :lol:

I'm like that too, PR! It's so much fun buying a CD and peeling off the plastic and looking at the inside cover and all! Oh, and playing it 25 times in a row :D

Imagine that, people in OZ not knowing it's out while it leaked there! :lol:

. . . . or I just live in a vortex of weird time and space, but truly, I have the radio on 24/7, the news, any music show I can find and I hear NADA . . . :(

I'm like that too, PR! It's so much fun buying a CD and peeling off the plastic and looking at the inside cover and all! Oh, and playing it 25 times in a row :D

^ that :yes: . . . my family have all been forewarned that mum will be taking a very very long drive the day I finally get it . . . already have my petrol money saved :lol: . . . they promised I could listen to it at home uninterrupted but I just know I'll get bugged a zillion times with "i.m hungry, he pushed me, she sat on me' etc . . .:lol:

getting really :hyper:

All my special friends on this site have abandoned me, even the two who said they were going to wait until the actual release.

I am cry.

:sad:

Just wanted to say I admire you guys. Hold on 'til the physical release.

I wish I had that kind of will power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom