Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so...

Guys, I have already listened to:

a. GOYB

b. NLOTH 2

c. 30 sec clips of every song

Is there even a point waiting for the official CD now?

:uhoh:

You cooky hold-out kids!
6exfg5y.gif

But guys, what if you get hit by a bus tomorrow and never get a chance to listen to it? :sad:

:evil:

*runs away*

We'll be dead. :shrug:

What's the point in that argument? Either you're dead and have heard it, or you're dead and haven't heard it. You're dead either way so it doesn't matter.

We'll be dead. :shrug:

What's the point in that argument? Either you're dead and have heard it, or you're dead and haven't heard it. You're dead either way so it doesn't matter.

:lmao:

Very true.

Ok here's my confession -- I listened to GOYB about a dozen times in the couple of days after it was first played on the radio, but since I didn't really like it I haven't played it since. And I also listened to about half of the 30 second clips (the ones that were up on the Walmart site), but don't remember which songs (and only listened once or twice because I found listening to just 30 seconds most unsatisfactory). Haven't listened to anything else.

So while I'm not entirely "pure" I don't plan to listen to any of it until I buy the actual cd sometime in the first week or so of it's release. I have a lot of shit going on right now anyway, so I'm not really ready to give it a proper listen. The David Fricke review in Rolling Stone bodes well though. Fricke likes the Church (Fricke also wrote the liner notes for a recent singles compilation of theirs), so he obviously has great taste in music. :wink:

UC is my favourite song from the beach clips, so this morning I listened just to a second of the "OooOooh" part. Maaan, that has to be :drool::cute:

It's so hard to NOT listen. :angry:

Boy lots of blue balls here. You guys are tough and it's worth the wait. Most fans here love it and think it's one of the band's best works. At least you'll get the lyric booklet when you first hear it.

I've got blueballs.

:lol: when they start going purple we're all in trouble :giggle:

to stave off blueness and balliness I bought the officially released GOYB single today and listened to both tracks . . . don't think that's cheating is it? :angel:

I'm hanging on . . . I'm still waiting . . . :hmm: there's a song in there somewhere I'm sure of it :wink:

Okay so...

Guys, I have already listened to:

a. GOYB

b. NLOTH 2

c. 30 sec clips of every song

Is there even a point waiting for the official CD now?

:uhoh:

Absolutely, hold out.

I've listened to 'Get on Your Boots' and 'No Line on the Horizon 2' as well, since I bought the single, but have decided that I don't want my copy of the book/box/etc to arrive and be worthless. Also, I have always liked the sit down with the CD and inlay card and listen at the same time. It just ain't the same with a digital download (though I'll admit getting In Rainbows as an e-mail on its day of release was a great experience.

There's another reason for holding out: I'm really enjoying reading everyone's impressions and curious to see how they'll evolve over the next two weeks before I get to hear the album at all (it's coming from amazon.co.uk to Ireland which can sometimes take an age - though that in itself is a reason to hold out since I have no idea when it will arrive and thus it will be a nice surprise to come home some evening to find NLOTH in the mailbox). I can remember reading the threads before Atomic Bomb was released and thinking that 'Miracle Drug' must be the greatest song ever, and then thinking myself that 'City of Blinding Lights' was one of their greatest efforts ever after a couple of listens (how wrong I was!). On this occasion it will be interesting to see how first impressions evolve to something different by the time I actually get to hear the album from myself.

:lol: when they start going purple we're all in trouble :giggle:

to stave off blueness and balliness I bought the officially released GOYB single today and listened to both tracks . . . don't think that's cheating is it? :angel:

I'm hanging on . . . I'm still waiting . . . :hmm: there's a song in there somewhere I'm sure of it :wink:

That's not cheating at all. :yes: It's officially released new material so it's fair to listen to.

And I've already gave Boots something like 100 listens, now I got NLOTH2 on repeat on my ipod, well actually I had it on repeat since it got out. :lol:
That's the only impure thing I did, but yea, I was forced to listen to it. And it's 'just a bside' right. (Man that doesn't do the song justice)

And I'm glad I don't have balls.

I'm going to skip this boring theoretical chemistry class I have on fridaymorning next week. I'll be in front of the recordstore as soon as it opens.

I seriously commend anyone who's still holding out...I don't know how you're doing it.

Boots and NLOTH2 were nice to hear, but reading all the gushing reviews isn't helping things. It's hard to wait...

So hard... Get On Your Boors and NLOTH2 arebon repeat on my iPod, but no beach clips, walmart candy or leaks for me. I sent my best mate (huge Oasis fan, but suddenly more into U2 because of me) the album yesterday, and he has listened to it eight times already. He is sending me these emails at eight in the morning how he listened to it cycling to work, and I'm like :sad: I want that too! Yesterday was soo hard... But luckily Amazon delivered my remasters boxset the exact same day so I had some new-old shizzle to listen to... Hardest thing however is that I'm off to London for a trip this weekend. NLOTH could have been the perfect soundtrack to that trip... but... Must Hold Out!:wave:

For those of you waiting to hear this, you are going to be blown away by how good this is!!!!!!
Whatever your reasons for holding off , good luck to ya but just a thought. Think how much money you are about to spend on U2 this year with downloads, CD's, dvd's and the tour, never mind how much you've already spent lifetime (in my case an obsecene amount). Don't deny yourself. You're not the casual fan who would've bought the album but now won't if they downloaded it!!!!:hmm:

:applaud:

I think it is seriously going to be awesome listening for the first time on a good stereo instead of crappy computer speakers!

:hyper:

I feel exactly the same. I cannot wait to hear this album in all its glory on my own stereo.

The release of a U2 album is such an event for me and I know that if I cave now, some of that feeling will be lost. I love the whole experience of going to the record store, buying a copy and taking it home. I love looking at all the artwork and reading the lyrics whilst listening to the new tracks blasting out around me.

All of this is part of what makes the release of a new U2 album so special for me and I know that this feeling will be diminished if I hear the new tracks without being able to enjoy everything else that goes with it.

So yeah, still holding out, but reading all those appreciation threads don't make it any easier. :madwife:

I heard about 90 seconds of Magnificent on the radio this morning. I was torn between wanting to run into the other room and change the station, or turn it up and listen to the whole thing.

I went with option A. ;)

But I did like what I heard - I left it on long enough until I heard a chorus and could figure out what song it was.

:applaud:

I think it is seriously going to be awesome listening for the first time on a good stereo instead of crappy computer speakers!

:hyper:

I'm so happy I got awsome speakers connected to my pc. :wink:

Seriously, congrats to all of you folks. While I don't believe that listen then is any better than do it now, this is really cool. :wave:

Yet again I keep wondering about my reasoning behind this.

What started as not wanting to spoil the tracks with clips has expanded into this weird "thing" not to listen. In reality it is self-flagellation without rhyme nor reason.

When I get the physical disc (I intend to buy the single disc in the shop whilst I wait for the box to be delivered) I will just put into my disc drive and start up EAC to rip the tracks. I will look at the liner notes whilst it imports, then put everything back and on the shelf.

After that, I will place my favourite pair of headphones on my head, insert the jack into my amp, which is into my iPod. Then play.

Argh *growing insanity* damn puritan ideals :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom