Possible Live/Studio R&H Type Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonostwin21

The Fly
I have a friend who works at BestBuy who knows I'm a huge U2 fan and he tells me that the store has a tentative release date of November 21st for a U2 live/studio album. Take it with a grain of salt. I personally can see it making some sense. Throw Mercy on there and 3 or 4 new tracks and 6 live tracks from The Vertigo Tour and you have yourself a nice christmas gift. Cheers and heres to hoping this is true!

They also had a tenitive release for Zoo TV on DVD for oh the last 7 years or so before it actually happened. ;)

I would like to see maybe a double EP.

One with studio tracks, the other with live tracks

but album in '07 > EP in '06.

What would the album title be...? :hmm:

Make a whole thread about that I say!

A quote from Bomb songs?

We'll have a vote between:

"How to Kneel" - Vertigo
AND
"An Intellectual Tortoise" - ABOY

I won't take this with a grain of salt.

I'll take it with a TRAINLOAD of salt.

Axver said:
I won't take this with a grain of salt.

I'll take it with a TRAINLOAD of salt.

I concur, I doubt the kids working at Best Buy would have this information fist

U know why I don't buy this , simple as that , coz I just don't believe in u2 releasing a Album or Ep live ....... Before u call me crazy or somethin .....

Hasta La vista / u2 communication aren't official releases

the recent live stuff in cds are the singles

Last time u2 did release worldwide something live : RH , Since then

I just don't see u2 breakin this tradition of almost none live official big release , specially in a time of more and more dvds being out , and 2 more coming ...... Plus the tour is not over yet so .....

doesn't mean I would complain

J_NP said:
doesn't mean I would complain

I would. :|

No more R&H's! It was a fun tryst, but no more. :(

Though it might usher in a new sound for U2 when/if it fails. :shifty:

Just before Sunday Bloody Sunday:

"This is a song George Bush stole from us; we're stealing it back!"

Critcal reaction?

"You know, I've never quite noticed...but Bono never seems to shut up, does he?"

And then, with their next release...

Punk Rock From Venus, AKA War II, AKA A Man's A Man's Man! :rockon:

Last edited:
well, a lot of bands have recently done the "buy the new album get a free live album" thing.

MAYBE U2 will release a new CD to coincide with the new tour dates and have a limited edition version (of just 2 billion) including Vertigo Milan (either as a DVD or CD)?

I don't see this happening in a millions years
but I hope they'll do it

mostly so that we can see what sort of album U2 can produce in a (relative) short space of time

Niceman said:
I'm shocked that people on a U2 board wouldn't want this!!!!

Nobody except Lemon said didn't want , Mate :huh: Just look at the comments , we are just skeptical , like I said I wouldn't complain , God knows how I would just love a official live album to play on car and stuff like ..... But I don't really believe it , at least happenin this year

Niceman said:
I'm shocked that people on a U2 board wouldn't want this!!!!

Like I said, I'm just old-fashioned like that. I like to keep my original tracks and bootlegs separate. :wink: R&H was a failure. A very, very fun and amusing failure, but a failure nonetheless. The album didn't work as a whole at all, and most of the live tracks were of songs we didn't need a second version of.

Unless U2 did something really great like mix new songs with really rare songs, I wouldn't be looking forward to it. Imagine this...

Cover
New Song
Cover
Beautiful Day
Cover
New Song
New Song
New Song live
Cover
Streets
The Fly
WOWY
New Song
New Song
New Song
One
New Song
Cover
Bullet
New Song

:huh:

Guess it's time for J_NP step up and deffend RH :wink: After all it was the last album I bought , and sometimes I find it way more enjoyable than even a Best of album ..... yeah believe it or not ......

And on it's defense , I don't know how can u call iy a failure Lemon , coz u see , commercially speaking :

-It sold more than 14 millions , it's the 3rd best selling album

And in terms of music itself .........Call a failure an album that had those singles , plus God Part II , Hawkmoon ......

If every failure was like that , Man what would be music today :drool:

Rattle and Hum sucked as a whole.

If they do this, it better be one disk of studio tracks and a second disk of live tracks. The R&H format was extremely annoying.

XHendrix24 said:
Rattle and Hum sucked as a whole.

If they do this, it better be one disk of studio tracks and a second disk of live tracks. The R&H format was extremely annoying.

:up:

I absolutely love Rattle and Hum. A new sound, a few CLASSIC live performances (How could I live without Helter Skelter or that insanely good Silver and Gold) and some of the best studio tracks U2 have ever recorded.

Angel of Harlem
Hawkmoon
Heartland!
God Part II
All I Want Is You
Desire

God damn, just look at those songs!

I guess I'm the only one who enjoys the R&H format. The live and rearranged tracks strangely compliment the new songs. The gospel Still Haven't Found is gorgeous. Really, the only song on the album I don't care for is Pride, but I'm not a huge fan of the song to begin with.

Now, imagine something like this now. Six or Seven awesome new track (we'd hope) and some cool shit from the Vertigo Tour. They could add the killer verison of Discotheque, maybe their Jean Genie cover, pick one of the best versions of The Electric and Zoo Station/The Fly. And, oh I don't know, maybe something from my incredible Philly Show. Maybe, say, People Get Ready with Bruce Springsteen! Hells yeah.

So, I'd definitely rather just have a new full album sooner, of course. But, I really don't think this idea is a bad one. I'm actually quite fond of it.

Heartland, Mercy, and Acrobat should go into the Overrated Songs on Interference Hall of Fame.

All of them are good tracks, but get way too much praise here.

...well, Mercy is equally bashed, but probably because of it being put on a pedestal.

Yeah guys, you're putting the Mercy on a pedestal.

40_year_old_virgin_shirt.jpg

Lancemc said:
I absolutely love Rattle and Hum. A new sound, a few CLASSIC live performances (How could I live without Helter Skelter or that insanely good Silver and Gold) and some of the best studio tracks U2 have ever recorded.

Angel of Harlem
Hawkmoon
Heartland!
God Part II
All I Want Is You
Desire

God damn, just look at those songs!

I guess I'm the only one who enjoys the R&H format. The live and rearranged tracks strangely compliment the new songs. The gospel Still Haven't Found is gorgeous. Really, the only song on the album I don't care for is Pride, but I'm not a huge fan of the song to begin with.

:yes: All very true

Like I was sayin as well , Let's make a club mate :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Heartland, Mercy, and Acrobat should go into the Overrated Songs on Interference Hall of Fame.

So what you are saying is that a HUGE number of Interference members really LOVE these 3 songs, but you don't.

Hmm.....perhaps the songs are in fact worthy of the praise but just not to your taste?

chocky said:

So what you are saying is that a HUGE number of Interference members really LOVE these 3 songs, but you don't.

Hmm.....perhaps the songs are in fact worthy of the praise but just not to your taste?

Yes, I think Acrobat is a solid, overlooked gem on a great album,Mercy should be on an album/single/EP someday, and that Heartland is good, but not great.

But I have never seen other U2 fans glorify those 3 songs as much as they do here, that's just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

XHendrix24 said:
Yeah guys, you're putting the Mercy on a pedestal.

40_year_old_virgin_shirt.jpg

exxxxxxactly :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom