Possible album title: The Atomic Diffusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
With the news that the new album may be called How to Diffuse an Atomic Bomb, it got me thinking. Some Interference critics have argued that this particular title suffers from the "self help" syndrom of sounding like it has all the answers, which lends itself to sounding preachy (something that U2 normally stays away from). This problem could be solved with a title such as the following:

The Atomic Diffusion

Now the emphasis is placed on the album, itself, rather than on how to go about doing something...and could even be a reference to the power of the music (it must be quite powerful to match and destroy an atomic bomb!). It also has the word, "The", which two of the best 80s U2 albums have...and could be a hint that this indeed is their third masterpiece.

Other possibilities:

Diffusion

Atomic Diffusion

An Atomic Diffusion

Diffusing the Bomb

Atomic Deconstruction (this one I reallly like)

The Atomic Deconstruction

An Atomic Deconstruction

And for a little fun (based on some past U2 titles):

Under an Atomically Defused Sky

The Forgotten Fire

UN-POPPED

Conventional War (Only)

Achtung Baby Bomb!

Zootonium

All the Bombs We Can Leave Behind

Last edited:
I agree every title posted here is better than the horrible "VERTIGO" :mad: :no:

Here goes my possible ones: :yes: :D :happy:

1- "Fade Away"
2- "Like A Song I Have To Sing"
3- "How Long To Sing This Song"

and the best for me...

4- "Wipe Your Tears Away"

WHAT A TITLE THIS ONE !!!!!!
:shocked: :bow: :bow: :bow:

It actually wasn't intentional, but I think it should have been. "Atomic Diffusion" would go nicely with the concept of "virtigo", since "diffusion" in this sense implies a spreading apart (or deconcentration) of elements, which could cause a feeling of uncertainty. "Diffusion" can also work in a social sense, since it can mean the spread of cultural elements through contact (or, say, musical contact) as well. Thus, we have a very witty album title that uses a double meaning. Nicely done! :up:

i have no idea for possible names

i'm tired.....

I've had enough of all this atomic bomb-diffusing business. It's not a good title and I hope they don't use it. :down: Viva Vertigo!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom