Popmart V Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salome said:
now that has been decided POPMart was better than Elevation musically (I'm really laughing while I'm typing this :| ) the question that needs to be answered is:
"why does 95% of the world believe Elevation was the better tour?"

Because the world in general is a bunch of sellouts, like U2 has become with their sellout adult contemporary album ATYCLB, which is liked by those who prefer simplistic linear instant gratification. I mean, it's really pretty obvious. I mean, if something gets really, really popular, it probably sucks, right? Unless it's by U2 and was released in the 1990s.

Salome said:
now that has been decided POPMart was better than Elevation musically (I'm really laughing while I'm typing this :| ) the question that needs to be answered is:
"why does 95% of the world believe Elevation was the better tour?"

Go back to being in denial about Holland being losers!!;)
Seriously though, did you not see the start of the thread? You're missing my point, I was merely comparing 7 songs, staples of the U2 set-list, that I found were better performed on Popmart. There is no question in my mind that Elevation overall is much more polished and better musically, like Elevation/BD/NY/Stuck/IALW/Kite beat Mofo/Last Night/Miami/Gone/Please/SATS IMO.

But Popmart always did something more for me, and I found it was in those 7 songs, or even more. Which said ALOT for Popmart muscially.

Gypsyheartgirl, I've been pretty active since the Mar2001 on here and I have never really witnessed any Pop "bullies". I think conspiracy theory? It shouldn't be that important. And once again I point out to you it's just a forum, I've never been forceful with my opinion, but if I was, you can just laugh and ignore. It's not like someone is shouting in your face. Relax.

Popmart hosted one of the best back to back tunes - "Last night on Earth" and "Until the End of the World". If you don't agree with me, just listen to Popmart Sarejevo. I believe "Last night on Earth" was a great live song (one of their best) and a highlight from the tour. You just can't beat the total chaos at the end. Also watching it on the Mexico video just gives me goosebumps.

"I went looking - so much to see.
I went looking for spirits, found alcohol.
I went looking for souls, and bought some style.
I wanted to meet God - you sold me religion."

I think that intro to the song sums up both Pop the album and Popmart.

- The Zoocifer -

scatteroflight said:

Because the world in general is a bunch of sellouts, like U2 has become with their sellout adult contemporary album ATYCLB, which is liked by those who prefer simplistic linear instant gratification. I mean, it's really pretty obvious. I mean, if something gets really, really popular, it probably sucks, right? Unless it's by U2 and was released in the 1990s.
that's what I thought

Desire4Bono said:

Hmmm....then why was there no such glowing praise for Popmart when it was the most recent tour? :eyebrow:

NOTHING compares to Elevation, its magic, its power, God in the house, and the HEART!!!!!

There WAS! I remember it! :happy:

And, like lazyboy has repeatedly said, this is not a competition!

Zoocifer said:
Popmart hosted one of the best back to back tunes - "Last night on Earth" and "Until the End of the World". If you don't agree with me, just listen to Popmart Sarejevo. I believe "Last night on Earth" was a great live song (one of their best) and a highlight from the tour. You just can't beat the total chaos at the end. Also watching it on the Mexico video just gives me goosebumps.

"I went looking - so much to see.
I went looking for spirits, found alcohol.
I went looking for souls, and bought some style.
I wanted to meet God - you sold me religion."

I think that intro to the song sums up both Pop the album and Popmart.

- The Zoocifer -

:yes:

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
My thoughts precisely.
Couldn?t agree more...

Am I being repetitive or what? :D

Nah. I just loved what he/she said. That?s all.

:p

Back
Top Bottom