Popmart online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
Hey guys.. anybody know where I can find video clips from that Popmart concert with the band performing Mothers of the Disappeared with some of the actual mothers on stage... I think it was Santiago.

------------------
And I felt like a star...

It was indeed the Santiago show.

Head over to the MP3 section here and click on any thread by Mike P - his sig includes the link to his FTP site, which has the show (El Fin Del Mundo). I just finished downloading the concert from him this morning, actually, and am listening to the track now. The sound quality is quite good. You might want to get One too, though, since it contains the start of the whole plea to Pinochet - Mothers... just starts with the recitation of names of the victims.

You can also get it off of u2bloodredsky.com, but it's probably easier to go to Mike P's site. Incidentally, the Charlie Rose interview (which you can get from Bloodredsky.com) contained a good chunk of the song, and Bono discussing it (in particular) and politics (in general).

[edit] Sorry, I guess I should have read more closely. No idea where you can get a VIDEO clip, apart from (obviously) the video.

[This message has been edited by Iron Chef MoFo (edited 11-24-2001).]

Don't drink and post....
wink.gif

Just to prove that I'm not a COMPLETE prannet, it appears that www.u2mofo.com have the Santiago concert available (the full concert, though). They don't list the rules for trading videos, though I'd assume it's the same as CD's - send them two VHS tapes and they'll dub the concert. Yeah, it's no mpeg or avi download, but you'll get the WHOLE concert (and probably better quality than anything you'll download off the 'net...)
http://www.geocities.com/u2loveru2/u2/videos.html

Back
Top Bottom