Popmart Mexico on DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just ordered the VHS like 1 minute ago.. so I hope not!

kinda..

I'm going to get shot if I say I've never seen it arent I?

I was in Suncoast video the other day asking about Elevation on VHS and the guy who worked there, a cool young dude with blonde dreadlocks, said that it wasn't out yet. Then he went on to say that R&H had come out on DVD and there were plans to put ZOOTV on it too. Without me mentioning it, he up and told me that Popmart would not be coming out on DVD and that the VHS was supposed to be discontinued! Now this guy had NO idea I hated Pop, but he went on to bash it, and tell me that 'there were a couple of years there where U2 pretty much sucked' and that 'they sure are sounding a lot better now' of course I was LMFAO at that point and said, 'they sure are looking a lot better too!' He laughed, then he went on to say how he thought Popmart had been a bad thing for U2's career and had made them a joke. So naturally I stayed there and we had fun talking for awhile.

But the point is, according to him, it will never be on DVD. He works for Suncoast video and is a U2 fan, if that means anything.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I just ordered the VHS like 1 minute ago.. so I hope not!

kinda..

I'm going to get shot if I say I've never seen it arent I?

*bang-bang*
smile.gif

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

Well kitten then I'm sure glad I ordered it.

Also, I feel really excited because I havent seen it.. so it give me something U2 to look forward to!!

Ihaventseenzootveitherandijustorderedittoo.

* ducks

Well everyone knows I can't stand seeing Pop Bono so I will never buy it. I bought Rattle and Hum and ZOO once I got back on my huge U2 kick last fall when BD and ATYCLB came out.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

There will be DVD versions of both Zoo TV:Live from Sydney and PopMart Live From Mexico City.

Otherwise, they wouldn't put trailers on the Elevation DVD.

Thanks.

don't believe this record store guy.

Bono said in countless interviews (Q Magazine Dec 1998) after the PopMart Live from Mexico video came out, that PopMart Mexico was the BEST thing U2 has ever done.

Surely in 3 years he wouldn't have changed his opinion to the extent that the video should be discontinued and no DVD will be released.

I think secretly Bono is more proud of POP than he is of ATYCLB as an album.

Maybe the store and tape companies are going by which ones sell best. If I were Bono I'd be most proud of Zootv, he was sizzling hot and MacPhisto rules!

The Popmart video is amazing. I don't believe we'll ever see a show that big from U2 (or anyone else) for a long time. If you were lucky enough to be at the b-stage when the Lemon opened right in front of you it was pretty intense. It's too bad people put that tour down without ever having seen it in person.

I for one will buy that DVD the day it comes out!

I saw some of the Popmart video and thought bits were good, other bits not so. I think I taped it off MuchMusic (though it probably wasn't the full version) and watched some and never finished. I know, I'm weird that way. I haven't seen the Zoo Sydney video. First, I'm not crazy about watching videos and concerts, because I'm not a TV person. Second, I don't think I can handle Macphisto.

Doesn't he sing WOWY as Macphisto?

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by batesmotel:

I think secretly Bono is more proud of POP than he is of ATYCLB as an album.

I seriously doubt that. They've said too much about how they didn't get to finish it.

Posterity will not be kind to POP. As I have said many times, there is NO substitute for a good solid song, no matter how many interesting and unusual "sounds" you may use.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
there is NO substitute for a good solid song

Gone, Staring At The Sun, Wake Up Dead Man, and Please. There!
wink.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Gone, Staring At The Sun, Wake Up Dead Man, and Please. There!
wink.gif

do you feel loved and mofo.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

I honestly think all of the songs on there are good solid songs. There are also some great lyrics. "Miami" is lyrically one of my favorites on that album.

It took a while before you got into "Achtung Baby," right scattero? Maybe you'll be singing the praises of "POP" 10 years from now.
biggrin.gif

I do think "Achtung Baby" is a better album than "POP," though.

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 12-02-2001).]

i believe U2 are, and should be proud of pop and popmart.
just as what they are doing now is fresher than the work of anyone else, so was popmart.
it would make a great dvd as well. ample material for special features and the colors would like great with a better definition.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

LOL yes I've seen Rattle & Hum.. I actually saw it in the theatre when it first came out, and I have it on video along with the Joshua Tree making, UF, AB, Under a Blood Red Sky, and Best of B-sides.

I just never got pop or zoo cuz I re-fanned myself with U2 when Beautiful Day came out.

I cant wait to see those videos!!!

Oh dear! here we go again!
rolleyes.gif

I hope POP does come out on DVD!

Shame on YOU Sicy for not seeing it or Zoo TV?
eek.gif
DAMN!!

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom