Popmart Mexico '98 Vs. Elevation Slane '01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
Let me add that Michael Hutchence died shortly before PopMart Mexico concert. Bono singing "And they will NEVER tear us apart" at the end of All I Want is You was spine tingling. It was one of the best U2 moments ever in my opinion.
Yeah, definitely one of the tour highlights.

That night also had one of the last performances of "One" that felt like it meant anything.

StlElevation said:

Nah , sorry mate but if you compare boston's set with mexico , (Please boston fans don't burn me) boston kinda is crap . there are too many really great songs missing , the songs that really make the show. without mention , I don't know what happens sometimes with the Arena audiences , dunna if they get too tired or they dont know a lot of lyrics , it just , sometimes the public was really dead.

Besides I'm a guitar geek :wink: and in boston there is a lack of guitar solos , besides Hamilton didn't capture them well .

Last edited:
J_NP said:

Nah , sorry mate but if you compare boston's set with mexico , (Please boston fans don't burn me) boston kinda is crap . there are too many really great songs missing , the songs that really make the show. without mention , I don't know what happens sometimes with the Arena audiences , dunna if they get too tired or they dont know a lot of lyrics , it just , sometimes the public was really dead.

Besides I'm a guitar geek :wink: and in boston there is a lack of guitar solos , besides Hamilton didn't capture them well .

last night on earth solo:drool: :drool:

Numb1075 said:
Let me add that Michael Hutchence died shortly before PopMart Mexico concert. Bono singing "And they will NEVER tear us apart" at the end of All I Want is You was spine tingling. It was one of the best U2 moments ever in my opinion.

Ohhh yeah :drool:

I'd have to agree with most that Popmart Mexico is far better than slane. I will venture out to say that the pop tour for me is superior over the last two, not because of the giant screen and the gimmicks but the older songs sounded more fresh/modern after being re-constructed for popmart. I remember the first time hearing popmart streets, and I had goosebumps all over. And All I want is you/Never tear us apart, I wil follow. Slane on the other hand sounds closer and warmer, but I got over it quick.

Last edited:
Slane.

Bono's voice improved, the emotion is there and it's not a wannabe improvement over a much better predecessing tour. A non-embarassing band image, and the start of getting back into the older and less known songs in the setlist.

U2girl said:
Slane.

....A non-embarassing band image,
Yeah, because Adam's Elevation red camo pants and Larry's Superbowl body stocking will inspire awe in us five years from.

Canadiens1160 said:

Yeah, because Adam's Elevation red camo pants and Larry's Superbowl body stocking will inspire awe in us five years from.
...don't forget this dead animal Bono had on his head during the Elevation days...

Canadiens1160 said:

The see-through shirt wasn't Larry's regular wear on Elevation tour, and I'll take the red Elevation pants over his Popmart outfit anytime.

Back
Top Bottom