Popmart DVD in April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thelaj said:
I keep wondering about the packaging. Will it have the holographic foil of the VHS version...or a new "modern" twist...

So Do I , I wonder , for who don't know , the back cover of it is horizontal , with the set list and the popmart photos , i wonder what will they do with the dvd ?

Sweet! :rockon:

I heard somewhere (can't remember where :reject: ) that the date of release might be April 3, which just so happens to be my birthday. Woot! :hyper: What an awesome birthday present that would be!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Next time you watch Slane, pay attention to Bono's picks during the last two songs. At the beginning of One, there are three picks in the stand, and 1 in his hand. By the beginning of Walk On, there's only one left in the stand, and one in his hand. And then he ditches his guitar completely, but when he gets it back, I'm pretty sure the tech hands him yet another pick. By the end of Walk On, there's still only one left in the stand.

A sort of pointless observation, but funny nontheless. In my imagination, if Bono played guitar throughout the whole show, the stage would be so riddled with picks afterward that they'd have to sweep them up with a push broom :tongue:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Next time you watch Slane, pay attention to Bono's picks during the last two songs. At the beginning of One, there are three picks in the stand, and 1 in his hand. By the beginning of Walk On, there's only one left in the stand, and one in his hand. And then he ditches his guitar completely, but when he gets it back, I'm pretty sure the tech hands him yet another pick. By the end of Walk On, there's still only one left in the stand.

A sort of pointless observation, but funny nontheless. In my imagination, if Bono played guitar throughout the whole show, the stage would be so riddled with picks afterward that they'd have to sweep them up with a push broom :tongue:

Maybe Bono needs a pick holer like the guy in Cheap Trick, the guy in KISS or Eddie Van Hagar

hopefully we'll have some awesome extras like:

Miami
Edge Karaoke
Bad
Do You Feel Loved

Isn't safe to assume , that 2 of the bonus tracks will be Please and Streets from Rotterdam ? Coz just like Fly and real thing , were shot pro and later released , there are pro video of songs from Rotterdam including these 2, and given the please single is so known , I would bet they would be on it

Meh. :| I'll get it and enjoy it, but there are already so many great quality bootleg dvds of PopMart available for download or trade. Give me a pro-shot, commercially produced JT show. :drool:

Tempe or Denver----:faint:

J_NP said:
Isn't safe to assume , that 2 of the bonus tracks will be Please and Streets from Rotterdam ? Coz just like Fly and real thing , were shot pro and later released , there are pro video of songs from Rotterdam including these 2, and given the please single is so known , I would bet they would be on it

The Rotterdam Please would just be a repeat of the Oslo footage tucked away on the 90-00 bonus DVD.

The Tibet gig could be interesting - don't know who owns the footage(one of the beastie boys that organized the fest??)

ThoraSEB said:
Sweet! :rockon:

I heard somewhere (can't remember where :reject: ) that the date of release might be April 3, which just so happens to be my birthday. Woot! :hyper: What an awesome birthday present that would be!

heh, my birthday is 5 days later on the 8th :yes: happy birthday to me, popmart!

u2trinity said:
What are the chances that Popmart will be released on
HD-dvd ?

Probably zero. They'll likely use the same 4:3 aspect ratio for the dvd, as they did with ZooTV Sydney.

u2trinity said:
What are the chances that Popmart will be released on
HD-dvd ?

Don't know the chances, but I do know it would be awesome! The thought of seeing Popmart in HD is enough to make me spontaneously combust.

Its zilch i'm afraid. in 1997, HD technology wasn't widespread by any means and definitly not used in gigs. I was under the impression that Robbie Williams live at leeds was the first gig in high definition

Miricale_Drug said:
Its zilch i'm afraid. in 1997, HD technology wasn't widespread by any means and definitly not used in gigs. I was under the impression that Robbie Williams live at leeds was the first gig in high definition

I vaguely recollect Woodstock 94 being possibly shot in HD. I think it existed to some asian companies in the mid 90's.

Miricale_Drug said:

Wait a minute , what about Rattle & Hum it was released on HD
was it filmed on HD ?

Even Elevation Boston is 4:3, so I believe Popmart will be 4:3. HD DVD is too new to release it on that format.

Back
Top Bottom