Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Popmart wasnt Bono's higlight in his voice era, but he still had power and strength in his voice, strength and power wich his hasnt today, just listen to the line:

"Say it's true, it's true...
And we can break through
Though torn in two
We can be one."

on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2L8WaBROGw

or the same line at this one:

www.send space.com/file/h8q1cb

:)

Also his falsetto was still strong then

I also loved his vocal on the "move me a mountain" line during Mofo, especialy when they sang it live opening the MTV Europe music awards, which is also my favourite U2 live TV perfrormance.

An Cat Gav said:
I also loved his vocal on the "move me a mountain" line during Mofo, especialy when they sang it live opening the MTV Europe music awards, which is also my favourite U2 live TV perfrormance.

Makes me thikn of Move Any Mountain :)

Bono's voice was subject to change alot during the Popmart tour, sometimes it was brilliant, sometimes it wasn't. Rotterdam 1997 and Santiago 1998 are defenite stand outs for me, the performance of Please on the Popheart EP is exceptional.

Bono's voice I feel is better during The Vertigo Tour I heard him at Popmart and he impressed me more on the Vertigo tour actually so :madspit:

haha

I think different voice eras suit different songs... for example I think With or Without You was definately a 1987-1992 thing...

I prefer his Popmart voice. The leeds bootleg is amazing and i think his voice sounds great. His falsetto seemed to stand up fine, especially at the end of Please. Perhaps i haven't yet heard one of his 'bad' nights :eyebrow:

His voice now is better overall that's pretty clear.

But i also enjoyed his POP voice, the rawness, just listen to the Sarajevo bootleg, his throat was just so soar that night but still i enjoyed it.

Popmart is not a tour I remember for vocal achievements. I listen to With or Without You from Popmart and it just doesn't even come close to Vertigo: Milan and this isn't to suggest that Vertigo was Bono's best vocal tour. It was pretty good though.

this voice thread is sponserd by Peterrrrr

your source for all your voice needs.

Peterrrr: voice=1.000.000 bono, kneel=999.849

LuvandPeace1980 said:
Bono's voice I feel is better during The Vertigo Tour I heard him at Popmart and he impressed me more on the Vertigo tour actually so :madspit:

haha

I think his voice is much better now on Vertigo tour, but still he had more power in some singing like he use his voice in the line on NYD I wrote above and also the falsetto where stronger. But his voice is much better on Vertigo tour.

KUEFC09U2 said:
this voice thread is sponserd by Peterrrrr

your source for all your voice needs.

Peterrrr: voice=1.000.000 bono, kneel=999.849

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom