popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stepcloser said:
Popmart from Mexico City is VHS only, unfortunately
Fortunately :wink:

I wish I had Santiago 11-02-1998 on official DVD instead !!!!!!!!!:drool: :heart: :up: :shocked: :bow: :rockon:

PS: For those ones who don´t know it: there´s a brand new version circulating among collectors ( I still don´t have it :sad: ) with almost complete show taken from Betacam master. The version shared was finished adding 'Please' and some few parts from TVN Masters. The outcome? The most stunning and spectacular U2 DVD "Bootleg" ( is that a bootleg, I don´t think so ! :wink: ) ever created !. I´ll keep my faith, I really hope they´ll realize Santiago 11-02-1998 deserves to be on DVD, collectors opinion is clear about that concert ;)

ponkine said:
Fortunately :wink:

I wish I had Santiago 11-02-1998 on official DVD instead !!!!!!!!!:drool: :heart: :up: :shocked: :bow: :rockon:

PS: For those ones who don´t know it: there´s a brand new version circulating among collectors ( I still don´t have it :sad: ) with almost complete show taken from Betacam master. The version shared was finished adding 'Please' and some few parts from TVN Masters. The outcome? The most stunning and spectacular U2 DVD "Bootleg" ( is that a bootleg, I don´t think so ! :wink: ) ever created !. I´ll keep my faith, I really hope they´ll realize Santiago 11-02-1998 deserves to be on DVD, collectors opinion is clear about that concert ;)
I just found it yesterday on easytree it's only downloaded 1.1% since then so it's going to be a long wait. But it's worth it.. I currently have It on VHS but it's all grainy.

Everytime I watch it I think of how amazing it would've been to be there!

Neenie said:

Everytime I watch it I think of how amazing it would've been to be there!
Beyond words, out-of-body, surreal, amazing, exciting, intense, indescribable, terrific, impressive, magnificent, poingnant, etc, etc trust me :heart: :shocked: :rockon: ... well... except...except for the opening act, an amateur Chilean band - now dissapeared without any known song even here in Chile - called "Santa Locura". But U2 was just perfect.

Peace :wave:

Nope never coming to DVD, I was told by video store owner. He said it did not sell well on vhs so that's why.

He said ZOO was supposed to come out but since then I hear that won't come out either because the band was not happy with the way the videotaped closed circuit TV camera recording transferred to DVD. Looks like no more old ones will make it to dvd.

U2Kitten said:
Nope never coming to DVD, I was told by video store owner. He said it did not sell well on vhs so that's why.

Because it was just an average concert :down: ( below average IMO, Bono was in raspy rough voice, and the band sounded bored and tired ). I still don´t know why they decided to release it, having filmed so much better concerts like Rotterdam 1997 ( Please Live Video was taken from that concert ) or my Santiago 1998 :drool: :heart: :shocked: :D :laugh:.

Actually at the time they were choosing the official Pop Mart concert, Mexico City was the THIRD best option. Santiago was the First ( believe it or not ) and Sao Paulo - Brazil - was the second, Buenos Aires - Argentina - was the fourth and Rotterdam the fifth ( it seems they liked the 1998 setlist more ).

They chose the concert in Mexico because that it was more universal and impartial, less destined to the local audience, since both in Chile and Brazil U2 used Football t-shirts of the respective countries, in addition to the memorable closing both in Chile and Argentina with the mothers of the disappeared, and several other things destined to local crowd. Worst possible choice among those concerts, really. :tsk: :banghead:

U2Kitten said:

He said ZOO was supposed to come out but since then I hear that won't come out either because the band was not happy with the way the videotaped closed circuit TV camera recording transferred to DVD. Looks like no more old ones will make it to dvd.

LOL U2Kitten!

It seems like this rumor comes up every 2 weeks and you always post the same story about how a video store owner said it won't happen.

If it's not possible, how did they manage to put a clip of it on the Boston Elevation dvd?

FullonEdge2 said:

LOL U2Kitten!

It seems like this rumor comes up every 2 weeks and you always post the same story about how a video store owner said it won't happen.

As long as this keeps coming up again and again I am obliged to relay my info again and again :sigh:

If it's not possible, how did they manage to put a clip of it on the Boston Elevation dvd?

I didn't mean it was impossible only that the band was disappointed with the quality of it and decided not to put the whole thing out for sale, or so I hear.

U2Kitten said:
As long as this keeps coming up again and again I am obliged to relay my info again and again :sigh:
But you’re just going by what your video store guy said? To say none of the old videos are ever coming out on DVD is a bold claim, and there is no real evidence to back it up. I've watched Zootv clip over again and it looks perfect to me... Zootv and popmart are two of the biggest tours in world history. I just don't see the band saying we tried to convert it to DVD but it wasn't good enough so lets forget it. Anyway, there has already been recent rumors about it being done, as you probably already know.

Have some faith :wink:

Hello there from Spain!!

I'm not sure, so don't take me into account too much, right?...there's rumor about the possibility of editing a dvd pack at the end of 2005. it will be a U2 tour package with 5 different gigs and tours.
I cross my fingers for that rumor becoming real, imagine that.

well, I will try to look for more info about that.

greets & best regards from the other side of the Atlantic

is there no way of talking to there management direct,getting a answer from them.
Im going to make it my mission to find out once and for all!!!!
I want it on DVD Official release,that go's for Zoo show from sydney..
If every other big band is doing it from there past..Zepp,Queen..etc,so can they!!!!

Anyone want to help,ideas??????

(Just think DTS 5:1 sound,cant think of anything better!!):eyebrow:

U2Kitten said:

And i guess your video store guru is in direct contact with the band,,, right ?? :wink:

has anyone ever bought these Popmart DVD's floating around on ebay? are they just the lowquality VHS conversion thats floating around, or is it a *real* dvd? i know there was a time that in some markets laserdisc/dvd versions were sold (like in japan) of certain movies when in north america distributers still stuck to mainly vhs.. i'd love to see a screencapture of one of these dvds

I made my own DVD version, quality is almost as good as VHS. I think they'll definately wait until the band takes a break to release it on DVD if they ever do. I'll still buy the official.

bcrt2000 said:
has anyone ever bought these Popmart DVD's floating around on ebay? are they just the lowquality VHS conversion thats floating around, or is it a *real* dvd? i know there was a time that in some markets laserdisc/dvd versions were sold (like in japan) of certain movies when in north america distributers still stuck to mainly vhs.. i'd love to see a screencapture of one of these dvds

I bought a DVD-RW of Popmart Mexico off eBay. It is indeed a copy of the VHS, but it is very good quality and I have never had any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom