Pop vs. ATYCLB: The Battle for Third Place!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the better album?

• Pop

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 51 52.0%

• Total voters

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Since all signs point to either Pop or ATYCLB ending up in third in this forum's overall album rankings, here's the poll to see which album ends up in the coveted number three slot. I've got a feeling that this one's going to go down to the wire.

1. Achtung Baby

2. The Joshua Tree

3. All That You Can't Leave Behind

or

3. Pop (beat Zooropa in a previous poll)

Zooropa (beat War in a previous poll)

War

Unranked albums:

Unforgettable Fire (beat War in a previous poll.)

Rattle and Hum (beat The B-Sides 1980-1990 in a previous poll.)

Boy

October

Under A Blood Red Sky

The B-Sides 1980-1990

POP. I will ALWAYS have a soft spot for POP, I think. It's just amazing to me.

ATYCLB is great too, but, for me, at least, it can't top POP.

ATYCLB
even the people who do not like it should admit that at least the album is produced in a way that you can imagine this is the sound they were aiming for

I will be surpirsed if it wins here, but All That You Can't Leave Behind gets my vote because it is so much more likeable and listenable. It has so much deep feeling and emotion it makes me FEEL it. Bono's voice is endearing. Songs like Walk On and Beautiful Day are instant classics that will live on with the great ones.

New York vs. Last Night On Earth
Beautiful Day vs. Discotheque
Elevation vs. MOFO
Walk On vs. Gone
Stuck In A Moment vs. Staring At The Sun
Kite vs. Do You Feel Loved
Wild Honey vs. Miami
In A Little While vs. Playboy Mansion
The Ground Beneath Her Feet vs. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Peace On Earth vs. Please
When I Look At The World vs. If God Will Send His Angels
Grace vs. Wake Up Dead Man

I'm incredibly sad that Pop is not going to win :(
Its SOOOO good!

All That... opened the doors to a whole new audience much like Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree did. There is really no question at all which U2 albums make up the "Big 3."

This is not to say that I don't find Pop a very good album. It is a great album as are all U2 albums. It is just obvious to me, and I'm sure many others feel the same way, that there are 3 albums here that are immortalized in music history. Simply put, you can not have a discussion about U2 with reference to one, two, or all three of these albums.

Roland of Gilead said:
All That... opened the doors to a whole new audience much like Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree did. There is really no question at all which U2 albums make up the "Big 3."

This is not to say that I don't find Pop a very good album. It is a great album as are all U2 albums. It is just obvious to me, and I'm sure many others feel the same way, that there are 3 albums here that are immortalized in music history. Simply put, you can not have a discussion about U2 with reference to one, two, or all three of these albums.

I couldn't agree more. These are the band's biggest albums (along with being my personal favorites) and they're simply the band at their finest. In my opinion, you just can't beat these three albums since they're three of the most influential records of the last twenty years.

BOOMCHA!!!!
I've gotta go with Pop!
ATYCLB is a great album, but Pop was just "different".
It was a totally different, exciting sound!
ATYCLB is calmer, and softer, and while that's ok,
I liked the crazy Pop sound!! :cute: :D
*but then again, that's just my own opinion*

I know that ATYCLB is going to win, but you've gotta agree that POP has some great songs!

this is a very close battle. Has ATYCLB been up against the UF yet? If not I think that would be a very close race. It seems like AB is number one Joshua Tree number two and there is almost a three way tie for number three with ATYCLB Pop and UF

Actually, now it's Pop 43 - ATYCLB 45.

:heart: Pop.

You would think ATYCLB would be trashing Pop, the way everyone treats those two albums. Pop as the failure, and ATYCLB as the success that brought U2 'back.'

Only a two vote difference.

Citric said:
Actually, now it's Pop 43 - ATYCLB 45.

:heart: Pop.

You would think ATYCLB would be trashing Pop, the way everyone treats those two albums. Pop as the failure, and ATYCLB as the success that brought U2 'back.'

Only a two vote difference.

hmmm...Well, around here, it seems that there are a LOT of Pop fans (myself included), so perhaps not...

Back
Top Bottom