POP v. ATYCLB Round ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suitoflights

Babyface
I am new to the forum...I know that this subject has been discussed many times before, but I just wanted to convey some thoughts. I firmly believe that POP is a far superior album - it has real soul and compassion, despite the prominence of electronic/studio effects. More importatnly, it has a daring and gritty style, something totally missing from ATYCLB. I don't understand how anyone can characterize it as a "dance" album. Just listen to "Gone" or "Please" - they are the New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday of the 90's. Anyway, i just hope u2 abandons the trail created by ATYCLB. It will only lead to benign, barry manilow-like soft-rock. Hopefully, Edge's claims re new album are true. Before ATYCLB, Bono said it was the sound of 4 playing in a room ...more like 4 guys sipping tea.

traurig067.gif

You can find many views and opinions on this topic in plenty of threads throughout the month of August and early September.

Yes. Please look through the topics and feel free to reply within.

We've had some rough patches around here, and I'm going to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

Sorry, and thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom