POP - the forgotten masterpeice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carrotflowers

The Fly
The year is 1997. Grunge is over. Cobain is dead. The music world has turned in on itself. No more risk. Mainstream is safe. Danger is underground. Brilliant noises fall into empty spaces. No expression on our faces. Big Mac in hand. Apocalypse around the corner. Jesus is not spoken of. No more judge. No more jury. No crime is committed when no one will offend. Reality through a filter. ThE dEvIl hAs WoN. The devil in a red dress. The devil on TV. The devil in my clothes. The devil for free. Numb is not an expression - it's a way of life.

POP has arrived. Not to save the world. Not to take the world under. POP is the world.

The greatest commentator of our time. U2 - POP. You are alone in this world. I am alone in this world. What a f**ked up world it is too.

The most widely misinterpreted album of our time must not die. It is not the devil in disguise. It is the truth disguised as the devil. Let it in and the truth shall set you free.

That sounds a lot like something Bono would say, and yes POP is unfortunately an overlooked masterpiece.

Absolutely.. POP .. together with Achtung and Joshua Tree U2 at their best.. :rockon:
I even like Miami and the Playboy Mansion.. (and i am probably the only one..) :wink:

Great album, yes. I love it to death and I think that it's easily one of the band's finest.

But, really. Do we honestly need yet another thread about this "debate"? If the album is so overlooked, then why are there like 20398238790238789992 threads to discuss how misinterpreted and brilliant it is...?

Again, I love the album. It shocks me to this day with everything it is. I just think it's high time we started to consolidate, here...

great said.
Really. I consider myself a god,but i couldn't have put it better myself:wink:

Pop rocks.
If you don't like the truth, then you can't handle the truth

PopRocks.jpg

patske said:
Absolutely.. POP .. together with Achtung and Joshua Tree U2 at their best.. :rockon:
I even like Miami and the Playboy Mansion.. (and i am probably the only one..) :wink:

nope, i like them too :drool:

If you shout... said:
But, really. Do we honestly need yet another thread about this "debate"? If the album is so overlooked, then why are there like 20398238790238789992 threads to discuss how misinterpreted and brilliant it is...?

:yes:

But yeah, I love Pop - but no matter how hard I try, I cannot like Miami. It's one of my least favourite U2 songs. Whereas The Playboy Mansion = :drool:

As a posting of this person's poem-----sweet! Nice job. :applaud:

As yet another thread claiming Pop is "forgotten"------:yawn:

Pop = the album equivalent of Acrobat and Mercy. Really great stuff, but clung to a little too much.

LemonMelon said:

:yes:

I listened to both today, and both albums are equally dark, yet the concept, production, and feel of Pop is better.

Achtung is still :up: though.

That's if you think the main purpose of each album is just to be dark. I think that the stories of each album are different...and am too lazy to get into it all right now. But I think the journey of Achtung is more defined.

Pop is still :up: though. :wink:

Utoo said:

That's if you think the main purpose of each album is just to be dark. I think that the stories of each album are different...and am too lazy to get into it all right now. But I think the journey of Achtung is more defined.

Pop is still :up: though. :wink:

The "darkness" makes them comparable, I'd say. I think both albums are journeys, yet I enjoy Pop's more, I guess. :huh:

Pop > Achtung

Zoo TV > Popmart

They both win in a way. :yes:

Everyone here seems to remember it well...

(I'm not knocking it, I love Pop, but the arguments grow tiresome.)

Back
Top Bottom