pop muzik + mofo appreciation, adoration and worship thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
these are THE BEST openers ever! so much energy, incredibly rocking and it drives the crowd nuts!

ooooohhh mexiiccoo.........ooooooaaahhh mexicoooo:drool:

:up::up::up::up::up:

:rockon:

I could write 20 pages about Mofo. ^^ My favourite performance is from MTV Awards. Also it's my favourite "TV show" video. if you haven't seen it- get the video! If I will have more time I will upload it. It's a must-see. The album version of Mofo is great but it have improved so much on the tour! The moment after the second chorus is just thrilling. I'm always getting chills when Bono sings "no one tells me no... no... no!". In every bootleg I have he sings it in a different, great way.
When I first heard Pop Muzik I was like: "Wtf?" but now I like it and even listen to the Popmart Mix sometimes. :D Also I think Popmart had the best way of entering the stage (mayby after ZooTV). First getting through the crowd, then there is Bono's appearance and after it they are starting to play Mofo. It was all incredible and I was little bit confused after Elevation's "normal" opening. Mexico-MO-FO!... Mexico-FO... FO... Whoaaaaaa!...

Last edited:
Zooropean, you said it all! That song can do no wrong and its so insanely full of energy. PLEASE upload the MTV awards show video...my screenname says it all.

Someone on here inspired me to listen to this the other night. For that, thank you. I forgot how good this was live! :)

Thanks for the link, Zooropean! :up: By the way, I second what all_i_want just asked for! Pop Muzik, please? Anybody? :hyper:

Aardvark747 said:
I have a boot of a Popmart gig, where they open up with Mission:Impossible!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

But anyway - I do adore Mofo as an opener!:drool:

I think Mission Impossible preceded Pop Muzik at most shows ...

And I don't see why people call Pop Muzik an opener as it was always a taped mix. U2 never played this song, folks.

wouldnt it be awesome if they played, mofo, please, SATS and LNOE in the vertigo tour? BRING BACK POP!!!!

:drool:

lnoe live is amazing, if they bring that back i would be soooo happy, but im not holding my breath

I love Mofo! :rockon:

*sigh, another tour I missed out on, wish I could've seen that. don't suppose they'll play that on this tour, lol (I'd settle for Lemon :drool:)

Thanks for that video! Wow, I love Bono's cool, Mofo-like persona for that tour. I'd almost like him to do something like that this tour, although I don't think it'd fit the music to say the least! hehe

Axver said:

And I don't see why people call Pop Muzik an opener as it was always a taped mix. U2 never played this song, folks.

Because it was an opener for the opening song Mofo :drool: :yes: :lol: :eeklaugh: :D :rockon:
Without Pop Musik, the entrance of U2 and the start of the show had not been the same thing. This song helped to create a sensational and devastating effect !!!!. IMO, Pop Musik-Mofo is tied with Intro-Zoo Station :yes:

Now bad news my friends: it seems U2 aren´t taking risks ( yet again ) so it´s probably they won´t go with POP or Zooropa songs :sad:. They should drop out all those weak overplayed ATYCLB numbers as Stuck In A Moment, Beautiful Day, etc and should go with Mofo, Zooropa and Discotheque instead :rockon:

ponkine said:

Without Pop Musik, the entrance of U2 and the start of the show had not been the same thing. This song helped to create a sensational and devastating effect !!!!. IMO, Pop Musik-Mofo is tied with Intro-Zoo Station :yes:

Exactly, without 'Pop Muzik', live versions of 'Mofo' were nothing! Way to push Axver off his soapbox! :)

ponkine said:

Because it was an opener for the opening song Mofo :drool: :yes: :lol: :eeklaugh: :D :rockon:

Now bad news my friends: it seems U2 aren´t taking risks ( yet again ) so it´s probably they won´t go with POP or Zooropa songs :sad:. They should drop out all those weak overplayed ATYCLB numbers as Stuck In A Moment, Beautiful Day, etc and should go with Mofo, Zooropa and Discotheque instead :rockon:

Beautiful Day is weak?

Back
Top Bottom