Pop Demos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, its track 17. Maybe it's just a U.K. bonus track, in the same way that Fast Cars only made the U.K. version of HTDAAB?

yimou said:

Every band makes a demo of a song before recording it for real. You definition of a demo is WRONG...
Maybe Edge was sitting at home playing the chords to Gone and recorded it on a four track or whatever. Thats a demo...
The band playing a song and recording it to use as a guideline or whatever can also be called a DEMO..

I am not saying that any demo exists for the public to hear, but somewhere i am sure there are demos. It might be in Bono´s kitchen or toilet,LOL or it might not.. But i am sure they have alot of material for their eyes and ears only.::

A demo is anything other than the commercially released stuff. From the first guitar track to the final vocal. Unless it's finished, mixed and mastered for release most bands would say it's a demo.

typhoon said:
I like how Jick started this shitstorm then walked off quietly.
The technical term would be "flame-baiting" or "trolling" and is a popular message board tactic....

I think it wasn't included on the CD only in the US and maybe certain other countires. Never understood why they do that! :mad: It's not like people from certain countries wouldn't appreciate certain types of songs. Anyway, the Best Of sucked balls because of all those remixes. So I bought it, sold it back and bought the DVD set which is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. You get to listen to the songs and see Zoo TV videos. What more can you ask for? :drool:

I think The Fly was just on UK copies, maybe Japan too. Wasn't on Australian copies. Bonus tracks are usually only found in the UK, Japan, and Australia.

Axver said:
I think The Fly was just on UK copies, maybe Japan too. Wasn't on Australian copies. Bonus tracks are usually only found in the UK, Japan, and Australia.

I know. I'm just "around the corner" with the UK where I usually can find the same copies. Hope it's not any mix I haven't heard about. This just reminded me that the price I paid for it three years ago was absurd... Should have been more careful.

Last edited:
How in the hell U2 didn't put The Fly on a best of 1990-2000 in ALL countries is beyond me. But it kinda shows what they were thinking in 2002 when putting it together, same as how they think now in regards to their music. NONE of anything thats been on the past 2 albums is anywhere near as good as The Fly but I remember The Edge saying in Q magazine when they were putting together the best of album in 2002 that he wasn't sure about The Fly anymore. What a shit statement that is about one of the best songs they have ever done, easily one of the top 5 songs they have ever done. Still having heard some of the bland music there creating since 2000 then maybe you can see how he thinks these days.

rjhbonovox said:
How in the hell U2 didn't put The Fly on a best of 1990-2000 in ALL countries is beyond me. But it kinda shows what they were thinking in 2002 when putting it together, same as how they think now in regards to their music. NONE of anything thats been on the past 2 albums is anywhere near as good as The Fly but I remember The Edge saying in Q magazine when they were putting together the best of album in 2002 that he wasn't sure about The Fly anymore. What a shit statement that is about one of the best songs they have ever done, easily one of the top 5 songs they have ever done. Still having heard some of the bland music there creating since 2000 then maybe you can see how he thinks these days.

Yeah I remember reading about the Edge saying something like that. :madspit: From the opening beats and words 'Love, you shine like a burning star' as Bono is playing around on the street (video) to the last note the Edge plays, The Fly is pure energy. Love it! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom