Pop album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astepcloser24

The Fly
I don't know about you guys, but the Pop album gets trashed. I think it's a good album, despite the different sound. I, personally, am not into Boy or Unforgettable Fire. I just don't think they are good albums and I rarely, if ever, listen to them. October is an alright album, but again, I rarely listen to it.

I think some of the most powerful songs on Pop, for me at least are...

1. Staring at the Sun
2. Please
3. Last Night On Earth
4. If God Will Send His Angels
5. Gone

I just think they're great. Powerful lyrics, etc.

WDYT of Pop?

I LOVE Pop, I think it's an amazing album. I don't get why it was labelled as such a "flop album". Mofo, Gone, Please are all incredible songs, in fact, the only song on the album I don't like is Miami...

Pop is fantastic.

Many people (especially fanatical U2 fans) do not like Pop beacuse it's such a big departure from the albums that they all know and love. They want U2 to make JT and AB albums over and over again.

U2 took a big risk in creating Pop....big cajones. I think U2 made the right choice. It's boring to make the same album over and over...why should U2 limit themselves?

Pop is so wonderful for many reasons. the music, the images that the boys put on during that era, popmart, and the fact that they were comfortable enough in their own skin to take that risk. i love it. =)
do you feel loved?
why, yes. ;]

The funny thing is that I don't think Pop was such a big departure,

When I hear it, I just hear U2.

It was only later that I realised many people didn't like it.

As far as I'm concerned, mofo, please, sats, gone, and pretty much all the album are as U2 as you can get.

Pop is def. one of the top records they have made. The recording of the album def. takes away from the emotion/power behind it. The lyrics are some of Bono's most powerful and ironic. Popmart was their best tour in my opinion. And all the songs from POP were absolutely brilliant live. Much better than on cd. PLease is one of the most powerful songs I have heard live. If you wear is also beautiful.

Pop is fantastic, but astepcloser 24, you gotta find a way to fall for UF and Boy. These in my opinion, are borderline masterpieces if not full blown masterpieces and essential U2.

Back
Top Bottom