Poll: Will Elevation be dropped on future tours just like Zoo Station and Mofo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoo Schabow

Acrobat
My bet is YES.

I think a lot of it depends on where U2 goes with there next album. But I just don't see Elevation fitting in a show if it's not the opener.

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

Who knows. People seem to like Elevation a lot more than Zoo Station and Mofo (I mean people who are casual fans). Also, Elevation was a single, so it's more likely to be played than Zoo Station and Mofo. My conclusion : Who knows.

I think it can work as a non opener but it would need to be played the 2nd or 3rd song in. It was played 2nd at the Irving Plaza show and that seemed to work pretty well.

I was at the South Bend show where it was played in the encore and I didnt think that worked very well.

I think it will be played on at least the next tour as it is a single. Whereas Mofo and Zoo Station were not singles.

When "Streets" was the opener I couldn't imagine it anywhere else, but that moved back on the playlist sucessfully, so I'm sure they can do it with "Elevation"

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
When "Streets" was the opener I couldn't imagine it anywhere else, but that moved back on the playlist sucessfully, so I'm sure they can do it with "Elevation"

Very true!

Good answers everyone!

I may be changing my mind......

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

It's very mainstream...it's brought U@ a lot of popularity with non-die-hard-fans (NDHF). It's a crowd pleaser, an energy pumper. I say they'll keep it.

'Elevation' was a big single, with a huge positive response, plus it's just a great song! It'll definitely surface in the future...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

ELEVATION will be in .......I hope!
I think that you can played it anywhere in the setlist...
maybe a four hit knock out in the face with....
1.the fly
2.hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
3.mysteriuos ways
4,elevation
yyyyyyyyyyyyyeah!

It will be played. Mofo and Zoo Station worked well because they captured the spirit of the concept show (Popmart and ZooTV) - but if you subtract the opening crowd surge and the opening effects (the screens for Zoo, the boxer opening for Mofo), they probably wouldn't be great live songs (on the U2 scale). Elevation works best as opener, but is such a kickass live song even by U2 standards - energizes the crowd and the audience - I can't imagine they'll drop it for a long time to come.

Elevation will be played because it was a hit, and pumped up opener, and is easily recognizable to casual fans - not that I'm saying this is what the band aim for.

Originally posted by Jordi:
ELEVATION will be in .......I hope!
I think that you can played it anywhere in the setlist...
maybe a four hit knock out in the face with....
1.the fly
2.hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
3.mysteriuos ways
4,elevation
yyyyyyyyyyyyyeah!
Holy Sh#t.. I think I'd be nauseus from getting knocked in the stomach by those songs.. That would be an extremely kick ass segment of songs.. I'd throw in Last night on earth... Wow.. the dreams you guys get me to have..

i think they'll keep elevation and beautiful day. possibly walk on OR kite, too, but probably not both.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Elevation is a classic opener, either for the main set or the encores. Whether they'll keep it or not is hard to say...I think they won't. Beautiful day and Walk on will probably stay in the set. It's just a vision of mine.
cool.gif

------------------
Friday night running to Sunday on my knees.

Back
Top Bottom