POLL: What's the one place in the world you'd like to visit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
SO you're sitting there and the little wish fairy pops up and hands you one free airline ticket to ANYWHERE in the world. All you have to do is say the place, and BAM! You're there...where do you choose to go?

I'd narrow it down to Australia, Piran/Koper Slovenia, Paris, or the Slane castle...

In the end, Oz wins out. It's the one place I'd absolutely love to visit. Don't know why, just a dream I've always had.

angel-smile.gif

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 12-13-2001).]

At this very moment in time, I'd take the next flight to Manchester... If only.
frown.gif

But... if people weren't involved, I think I'd want to go back to Russia. St.Petersburg, Russia at Christmas time... lovely.
wink.gif
Thx for letting me dream out loud!

Originally posted by Angel:
At this very moment in time, I'd take the next flight to Manchester... If only.
frown.gif

But... if people weren't involved, I think I'd want to go back to Russia. St.Petersburg, Russia at Christmas time... lovely.
wink.gif
Thx for letting me dream out loud!

Actually, I'd like to go there (St Petersburg) as well...have you been before?

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 12-13-2001).]

Australia or Ireland.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
Actually, I'd like to go there (St Petersburg) as well...have you been before?

YES!
biggrin.gif
I lived in Russia for 5 months back in '97. Though I travelled all over the country St.Petersburg stole my heart. I'll never forget my first day there. It was cold, but sunny and I spent the whole day just walking all over. I was in awe of everything, then at sunset, I called my mom from a post office on Nevsky Prospect while staring at the Kazanskii Sobor and told her I was never coming home... lol, but I eventually did.

Brasil, yeah I'm from there but it's such a large country, and a beautiful one at that. So yeah I would love to get to know it better.

U.K., Australia, France, and the Republic of Ireland all close seconds.

I've been to Italy it is fecking amazing, I would move there in a heartbeat. Oh Sorrento completely stole my heart.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Sicily

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Ireland again...in a second, no thoughts...I would want a stop over in Italy though
wink.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

yes italy just absolutely blew me away on my recent visit.
picture perfect countryside and incredible history, the people, the food, the vino!

the next big trip Im planning is to book a villa in Tuscany and just stay there to do nothing but read,drink wine, write and eat grapes.

Just one place? I pick three. In no particular order.

1. Baja California, Mexico
2. The Alps, Switzerland
3. Sydney, Australia

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
yes italy just absolutely blew me away on my recent visit.
picture perfect countryside and incredible history, the people, the food, the vino!

Ditto, and the people are amazing, they're so funny. Oh man I had so much fun. Every city is sooo different. Like Rome is just well Rome, this grandeur compared to nothing else. Florence is this marvelous art center. Capri so chic, Venice, oh Venice. Oh you just kinda of have to go to understand. The reason I loved Sorrento so much though was that it this beautiful little port city and the less, of all the cities that I saw, that was affected by tourism. So I mean it just had this different feel to it cause you were around locals. I MISS IT!!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by Discoteque:
I'm going to be very vague and say the U.K....of which Ireland is a part! And London. And Scotland.
wink.gif

Be careful who you say that to! I don't think most of the irish would agree!

As for me. I want to go to Antarctica. Don't know why, ive just seen that it looks spectacular, like it's our planets last untouched bastion. It would also be cool to check out the animal life and sheer wilderness of it.

Apart form that, maybe, patagonia, easter island or South America.

And I would love to just rent some old car and cruise around america for a year.

If money were no object:

1) Micronesia (Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, etc).
2) Kyrgyzstan
3) Patagonia, Chile

If money truly were no object, I'd go to the north pole (or the Canadian land nearest to it), or Antarctica -- those trips are INSANELY expensive, though.

On a side note, the U.K. does not include Ireland. It includes the country of Northern Ireland; not the Ireland most people think of (Dublin, Killarney, Galway, Cork, Kerry, Sligo, Donegal, etc.).

Well, if I was given a free ticket to anywhere in the world and somewhere I have never been, it would have to be one of these places:

Egypt - for the awesome Pyramids and The Valley of the Kings, need I say more?

Chicago - for the awesome skyscrapers and some awesome museums (apparently! can someone testify to this?)

Japan - for the cultural shock I will surely experience in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and so on...

Australia - for the fascinating Ayers Rock, the awesome Opera House in Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, and that train journey across the middle Australia from Darwin to Adelaide!

Mexico - for the sight of those marvellous pyramids and getting the insight of what ancient times were like all those years ago....

and I have many others to say but would bore you all to death if I mentioned them all here!
biggrin.gif

Anyway out of the above Id probably go for.....*drums roll* Japan or Chicago as first choice... with all the others coming a very close second...

Japan's pretty dear but Chicago is a good possibility as Im saving up for a trip to USA next September/October.... but Japan? Thats put on hold till at least 2003.

Anybody from Chicago here? Id sure like to know all the cool places I could visit if I ever end up in the Windy City.... thanks!

dougal

Ireland, Not just because of U2, buy i always wanted ti go there. The Island is so beautiful and the the people are down to earth. My next dream place is England. I am a huge England history buff.

My #1 is Ireland. (surprise! lol)

Europe
Australia
Just about anywhere that you can think of...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom