Poll: what will U2 be most remembered by, when it's all said and done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
What do you think?

Will it be:

- the initial fame and songs of the 80's?

- the reinvention and stage spectacles of the 90's?

- the comeback in 2000?

- Bono's charity work?

ps: ARGH...i messed up something and now i can't post a regular poll. Oh well...

Last edited:
I would say they'll be remembered as a band who's not afraid to experiment, even in the face of opposition...a band with heart, a band with soul!

Definitely their longevity and their sustained success where so many have fallen by the wayside. U2 never slipped so far off the cliff that they couldn't be pulled back up to live again, bigger than ever. They have also avoided all the breakups/lineup changes/drugs/deaths/lawsuits/ and other trouble others stumbled into and some were destroyed by, losing either their careers or their lives. U2 is unique and, most of all, they are good!

Last edited:
scatteroflight said:

So do I! That's what history and most casual or non-fans will remember them by.

But Elevation must be credited for their recently achieved immortality and legendary status, and I think "One" and "Walk On" will go down among the greats.

Johnny Swallow your sig is hot baby!

He's not as hot as Brandon Boyd of Incubus though.

Last edited:
The way you ask this question and the answers you offer seem to assume that the band in 2002 is done. I'll answer your question this way, U2 will be most remembered for the 4 or 5 studio albums they will release from 2005 to 2015! I mean, imagine someone in 1989 asking this question. I can tell you there were people who did.

Back
Top Bottom