Poll: What is your favorite/least favorite B-side from the ATYCLB singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung Zooropa

The Fly
My favorites include: Big Girls are Best, Summer Rain, Elevation (Influx and Q&S Remixes), Stuck (Acoustic), Walk On (Single Mix)

Worst: Basically the only bad tracks are some of the remixes of Beautiful Day and Elevation.

I have not yet heard the version of Stay from Toronto, but I hear it's very good.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing go the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

The best - Stay (live from Toronto)

The worst - Elevation (the Paul Van Dyk Mix)

Summer Rain, Always, and Stuck (acoustic) are notable mentions. I am still looking for the French Stuck cd, which has the only commerical release of the live versions of All I Want is You and Better Than the Real Thing (from Paris). I have yet to hear these ones.

I am really enjoying the diversity found in these singles from around the world. Collecting U2 singles is a great hobby because of this diversity (for me anyhow). Some of these remixes sound even better than the album versions (something U2 do well). I find the acoustic version of Stuck so much better and I am still undecided about the Walk On remix (by Godrich). There is no question that it is fantastic.

I can not wait until the release of the Australian live single with Streets and Gone (from Boston). I hope Streets includes a clear reciting of Psalm 116 by Bono. I like how that was added to the beginning of the song. Some may think, "why release another Streets live?" Well, I think Streets has a different life on each tour. Streets from the Pop tour is fantastic, but it will sound strikingly different on this new release. The techno touches will not be there and the intro will be (hopefully) different with the religious touch added by Bono. This "back to basics" tour has a classic-like Streets reshaped to feel new again. Well, that is my 2 Canadian cents on that.

Also- I hope the Tribute to Heroes cd does not tamper with the Peace On Earth intro for Walk On. I know it is being advertised as "Walk On" for obvious reasons, but I really liked that Peace On Earth intro and would hate to see that part cut out.

So, what are you comments about the ATYCLB B-sides?

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

I personally cant get enough of Big Girls are Best...that song just rocks.

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words... Extreme Paddleball

"wow...look at those two birds... they look just like airplanes, the way they're flying..."

" because they are airplanes..."

Call me silly, but I really like the dance remix of BD off the Stuck single. Took me awhile to get into it and I wouldn't say I like it more than the original, but it's alot of fun.
biggrin.gif

-sula

*gets visions of Tendulkar hitting Shane Warne for 6*

I think theyve been good...walk on singles sound like a treat when i get em

Well, from the ones I have until now I really like Summer Rain (the lyrics, a song written for me
wink.gif
), Big Girls are Best (the Rio/Brazil connection) and New York live from Farmclub (the best New York version so far IMO).

The worst for me is Elevation Escalation mix, I can?t stand that one.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

WOO HOO!! I'm with Ragey!!
biggrin.gif
That's my theme song!!!
biggrin.gif
That song completely ROCKS, probably one of their best ever, IMO.

Absolutely LOVE the Influx (?) remix of Elevation...(the sort of "indian/sitar' sounding one) Astounding...always gives me chills when I hear those first chords....

Totally DIG Summer Rain too...esp. the last part of the song where Edge launches into a bit more of that grinding guitar...wish they'd used more of that thru the entire song.

RELEASE THE B-SIDES!! MORE MORE!!!!!
wink.gif

Disco

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
I personally cant get enough of Big Girls are Best...that song just rocks.

Best: Last Night On Earth in Mexico City
Worst: Most of the remixes and Don't Take Your Guns To Town

Best: probably Always, but maybe Summer Rain. I really like the Q&S remix of Beautiful Day too. Some beautiful guitar there.

Worst: a couple of the Elevation remixes are really boring.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

i wish u2 would release an album with all the b-sides because some of us dont have the chance to buy the singles. they dont sell em here in honduras

oh by the way, we're not going to the world cup anymore.

How can you all afford to buy these singles? That's alot of money, honey :p
Is there any way to get my hands on these B-Sides without actually buying the cds's. When Napster was around I downloaded all the B-Sides through the Beautiful Day single plus "Big Girls Are Best". I haven't heard any of these newer ones and live tracks, but I REALLY REALLY want to! Isn't there a thing called Morpheus, which is kind of like Napster?

Back
Top Bottom