Poll: The Sweetest Thing: New or Old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Sweetest Thing do you prefer?

• The original, good one.

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • The new, messed up one.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • There were two?

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • They both suck.

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
I think the old one sucks with Bono sounding like he had a sore throat and The Edge sounding like he was playing from the inside of a trash can

but I didn't answer your poll questionaire because you rigged it to be an insult to anyone who votes for the '98 remix version

I resent all who say that they both suck..... :(

But my personal fav version is the 1982 version (okay, got it? The year I was born? The_Sweetest_Thing? I'm my fav verion? It's a joke, yeesh, seriously. Have a friggen sense of humour or something. Like, hahahahahaha?)

Wasn't The Sweetest Thing recorded in the late 80s as opposed to the early 80s?

And although I love both versions, the 98 version shouldn't be classified as the "new. messed up version." To those who favour it, it is not messed up.

Take a break, folks; it's a poll about a song, not a reflection on all that is you. I happen to think that the redone version took a perfectly fine song and made it sound like a hacked Motown wannabe. You may think that the new one is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't be so quick to take offense. I know that many people like the new one. Yeah, I rigged the poll. So?

I like both, but I'll go with the new one...And I have to say that the way you biased your poll choices really annoys me.:madspit:

Hey, what's with all the Martha bashing??? It's just a silly poll for crying out loud, it doesn't mean anything! She's entitled to her opinion isn't she? If you think its biased, don't vote or start your own poll. This is supposed to be fun right? :D Come on, lighten up everyone!!!

I am with you Bono'sAmericanWife, it's just a poll, and we're currently living the poll fever, so maybe things are starting to get hotter ;)

Gotta go with the original one. I like both but I prefer the original.

And...am I the only weirdo here he absolutely loves Bono's piano skills (if we can call it that way, LOL) in the Elevation tour version of the song? Man, I would love to see my fave cave man playing piano soooo well :D At least it's the way I see him playing it, like a cave man...so hard to explain...:p

Last edited:
follower said:
And...am I the only weirdo here he absolutely loves Bono's piano skills (if we can call it that way, LOL) in the Elevation tour version of the song? Man, I would love to see my fave cave man playing piano soooo well :D At least it's the way I see him playing it, like a cave man...so hard to explain...:p

:lol: [color=royal blue]OMD YES! It is like a caveman! But it's so cute!! We call it the Schroeder piano 'cause it sounds like a dinky little toy piano. BUT CUTE!

Bono=
[/color]
meet_schroeder_big.gif

I think the live version takes the pants from the studio versions. It's so great live. Especially the whole "oooo oooo oh" chorus that Bono leads the crowd into at the beginning.

yes, what is it with all this martha bashing? if you don't like what she put for her choices, start a new poll saying:

1. the super sucky 87 one
2. the awesomest 98 version

it's not a big deal! :p :p :p

btw, i voted for they both suck. haw! :madspit:

MonaVox said:

:lol: [color=royal blue]OMD YES! It is like a caveman! But it's so cute!! We call it the Schroeder piano 'cause it sounds like a dinky little toy piano. BUT CUTE!

Bono=
[/color]
meet_schroeder_big.gif

anybody have a pic of the b-man playing the keys?

LOL MonaVox, cool drawing ;)

My contribution to this tribute to a promising pianist :D A picture from Miami nite 1...one of my fave boots. I love The Sweetest Thing segued for In a Little While.

mia_051.jpg

follower said:
. I love The Sweetest Thing segued for In a Little While.

[color=royal blue]O_O OMD THOSE ARE LIKE my favorite fun lovey dovey U2 songs. I would KILLLL to hear them together.

Actually on this Paris bootleg I have, I know they do ST, IALW, AIWIY, and TGBHF all in a row, but I don't remember the order........ *runs off to find it*
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom