Poll: Popmart or Elevation voice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

So...which is it?

• Popmart

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Elevation

Votes: 51 68.0%

• Total voters
pop pop popmuzik........
musik005.gif
.........talk about.........

It was absolutely miraculous how Bono got his voice back for the Elevation tour! It was SO much better! I thought he'd never sing that good again. Oh, those wiiiiiide awaaaakes! His voice has changed from the old days, but it's somehow more precious and I love it.

:shrug: I don't really know...I mean, when I saw them play at Detroit during both tours Bono's voice was great...but I have heard from lots of people who saw both tours that his voice was better during Elevation, so that's what I voted for.

Is this a joke? Come on, even those avid Pop lovers have to admit his voice was in its worst condition during that era. Elevation all the way, of course.

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Is this a joke? Come on, even those avid Pop lovers have to admit his voice was in its worst condition during that era. Elevation all the way, of course.
:D

:hug:Gypsy:hug:

FallingStar said:

:hug: Falling Star :)

I really didn't mean that to be rude, it's true he was having his worst vocal problems ever during the late 90's and was afraid he was losing his voice. He even had some kind of surgery in 1999. I'm glad his voice is back and we have many more years for him to give to us! :)

GypsyHeartgirl said:

:hug: Falling Star :)

I really didn't mean that to be rude, it's true he was having his worst vocal problems ever during the late 90's and was afraid he was losing his voice. He even had some kind of surgery in 1999. I'm glad his voice is back and we have many more years for him to give to us! :)
:)

Bono's Elevation voice was cool and great, but so was his Pop voice in my opinion. Of course it cracked more often during Pop and the Elevation one was very emotional, but nevertheless. :laugh:

You have to admit Popmart Bono's voice was good.

maybe but his voice at slane was on top form u2 are about the music not the voice for me!

Bono's Voice was Best in Pop Mart,

God I could hear him 28 Km Away from the Stadium,
And an example pOP live from Mexico Sounds a little better then Elevation, Not much just Bono's trade mark high tones EG: At the end of Please Coming into Streets!

And anyway I couldent even hear Elevation from my place :wink:

That's because an arena is not open-air and a stadium is. That would most likely be the reason why. Plus, Popmart was much louder due to the fact that Bono's voice had to be amplified much louder to reach everywhere in the stadium at an equally ear-splitting level. An arena is closed off, hence less need to be as loud. ;)

U2girl said:
These two tours both had Bono's voice cracking - so which do you prefer?
Bono's voice has cracked EVERY tour - and it's intentional. He's made a career out of it.

As for which "voice" I prefer, I would have to say Elevation over Popmart, simply because of the vulnerability and emotion. Though he was singing better, technically speaking, during Popmart, he didn't strike as much of a chord with me, as the material was more cerebral in context than it was emotional. That's just me, though.

Last edited:
Popmart -- he could (though I don't think often) still hit the notes on With or Without You. I have yet to hear an Elevation recording where he did.

I'll go with elevation, even though I was at one of the shows where his voice was shot, Albany. It actually made the show more special that he had trouble singing. If you've seen the Boston DVD then you know the story.

Back
Top Bottom